Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WaSH Technician
Location: Anka, Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start date: Projected contract duration is 4 Months – with possible extension
Goal / Purpose
Set-up and operational monitoring:
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction work using Solidarités International tools (in particular):
- Respect deadlines established with his/her foreman
- Anticipate any problems associated with the carrying out of his/her activity and resolve any problems
- Establish safety measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision
- Recruit and train the workforce and daily workers
- Allocate the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the team leader
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and quotes
Reporting / communication / representation:
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to his/her foreman regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues to the foreman
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarites.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / OND
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a similar role
- Fluent in spoken English and Hausa
- Minimum qualification: Diploma in any related field
- A good listener, communicator, ability to prioritize and work with minimal or no supervision, team player, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Resident of Anka – Zamfara State
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs in a timely manner
What We Offer
- Salary + Transport & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by the government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Submit hard copy Applications at:
Gada Biyu, Zanna Road Opposite A.A Gusau House,
- Select Wash Technician – Anka base, Zamfara state, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As the position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date
Application Deadline 11th January, 2022.