Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse & Distribution Site Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are currently looking for a candidate to take up the exciting role of Warehouse and Distribution Site Manager in Nigeria.
- Reporting to the Area Warehouse and Distribution Product Manager, the role has full operations and P&L accountability for the site, having business development & operational ownership.
- aersk has established a strong and expanding presence in Central West Africa Area with an expectation for continued growth and development in the future – especially on land-based activities. Come join the team!
Profit & Loss:
- P&L responsible for the site. Covering all products and clients offered at this site.
- New and existing customer management.
- Contract management.
- Site performance (cost/utilization).
- Continuous improvement & optimization of assets.
- Investment proposals and follow up on the same
- Execution of WND strategy for site in aligment with area WnD head.
- Business development aligned with strategy.
- Tender handling support to area WnD head
- Expand business footprint while ensuring proftable growth
- Customization and localization of the products within the framework
- Develop new customers by liasing with area sales.
- Site implementation
- Growth targets
- Product mix
- Manage the operations of the location.
- Drive compliance & regulatory adherence.
- Sites operating basis security / IT standards
- HSSE & compliance adherence.
- Manage subcontractors needs and used at this location for WnD services
- Lease administration
- Contract management
- Drive adherence to governance framework
- Facilitate the execution training linked to products, solutions and clients.
- All people and safety aspects.
- Having the best place to work and taking care for our clients.
- 5+ years of experience in Logistics mainly in warehousing and Distribution, with strong knowledge and expertise on developing and handling warehousing and distribution activities.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing operations and warehouse management systems.
- Customer Service Experience, with a strong customer centricity mindset.
- Experienced in managing high performance and engagement teams.
- Leadership skills
- Detailed oriented
- Cost consciousness
- Stakeholder Management
- We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade. Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
- We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
- When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
- Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system – and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
- Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains.
- We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
- Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th January, 2022.