Lakowe Lakes Golf & Country Estate, often described as ‘West Africa’s best kept secret’, is a beautiful, luxury community nestled in a peaceful neighbourhood about 35km from the hustle and bustle of Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter
Employment Type: Full Time
- Waiter at Lakowe Lakes Hospitality will be responsible for ensuring diners have a positive experience at food establishments by exhibiting excellent customer service.
- Their duties include greeting diners and taking their orders, communicating with members of the kitchen about orders and carrying meals or beverages to the correct tables.
Core Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
As Waiter, you will be expected to work from the restaurants and other food establishments to interact with diners and provide them with their meals in a timely manner and also work closely with other Waiters and restaurant staff to take orders, give diners menu recommendations and check on them throughout service.
- Taking orders from customers
- Answering questions about menu items, food sensitivities and food substitutions
- Giving customers suggestions for food and drinks and telling them about any special menu items
- Serving nonalcoholic beverages and delivering food and alcoholic beverages to customers
- Communicating with customers to ensure satisfaction and resolve any complaints
- Processing customer payments
- Removing dirty dishes from tables to avoid clutter while customers are eating
- Cleaning tables after customers have finished their meals
- Communicating with the kitchen about diner requests
- Meet with the Head Cook to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Previous experience in a similar role – at least 2 years plus
- Previous work in a hotel or hospitality environment is a plus
- Effective communication and active listening skills for conversing with guests
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws dealing with the consumption of alcohol
- Impeccable customer service skills and social perceptiveness
- Ability to evaluate customer satisfaction and responsiveness
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Team spirit.
- Oriented toward serving others and helping customers
- Accountability in processing customer payments
- Physical stamina to stand for long periods of time
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th January, 2022.