University Librarian at Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University
Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi formally known as Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM) was established on 1st of January, 1988 had evolved from the defunct Federal University of Technology which was established in 1980 and later became the Makurdi campus of the University of Jos (UniJos) in October, 1980. The underlying philosophy is that the average Nigerian farmer should have easy access to the fruits of scientific agriculture. This means that the university scientific community must work on practical problems of village farmers.
The university's mission is to develop the human mind to be creative, innovative, research oriented, competent in areas of specialization, knowledgeable in entrepreneurship and dedicated to service hence the UAM logo “Innovation and Service”.
The University, in accordance with this Act. CAP F22 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN) 2004 and as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act. 2012, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below which will become vacant on 30th August, 2023:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Makurdi, Benue
Employment Type: Full time
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and for providing library services for the entire University Community.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must be professionally qualified and practicing Librarians certified by Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria; possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University, plus a higher Degree in Library Science (preferably Ph.D.) with at least 15 (fifteen) years relevant experience, in institutions of higher learning preferably in a University
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be ICT compliant; not be more than sixty (60) years of age or 65 years in the case of a Professor on assumption of duty.
- The Tenure of the University Librarian, as a Principal Officer of the University, is five (5) years.
Salary and Condition of Service
The successful applicant will be placed on CONUASS 7 with relevant fringe benefits, as approved for Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty five (25) copies each of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae should include the following:
- Full names
- Post sought
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent home and current contact address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Academic / professional qualification (attach photocopies of all certificates);
- Previous working experience (giving duration, post held and salary)
- Details of research work and publications (attach evidence where applicable);
- Extra-curriculum activities
- Name and addresses of three (3) persons to supply academic and / or professional reference.
Applications should be addressed and sent in sealed envelopes boldly marked “The Position of the University Librarian” at the left hand corner to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi,
P.M.B. 2373, Makurdi,
Benue State, Nigeria.
- Candidates should advise their Referees to send their reports on them under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council.
- Interested candidates who meet requisites qualifications and experience as specified above
Application Deadline 14th April, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: University Librarian at Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.