Travel Consultant at VIP Express Tourism Limited
VIP Express Tourism Limited is a reputable, multiple-award winning, International Travel and Tourism Company of long standing, with its head office in Port Harcourt and over 14 years vast experience in the travel and tourism industry in Nigeria. We focus specifically on quality family vacations as we value the strong bond of families by offering these quality vacation accommodation services across the world to our esteemed and loyal customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Travel Consultant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
What to expect from the role:
- Hands-on experience in planning travel packages, selling trips to clients, etc.
- Rendering visa assistance to clients
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Learn on the job regarding Nowahala tours travel management.
- Exposure to the travel and tourism industry, and its various responsibilities.
- Help clients identify their ideal travel package based on their suggests and requirements.
- Study and assimilate all information regarding travel destinations such as prices, weather, language, currency, customs, etc.
- Sell the appropriate travel/ tour package to the right customer.
- Negotiate any customizations or modifications requested and accommodate to the best level possible.
- Resolve any problem that arises regarding the trip for the customer.
- Regularly update a database containing client details and their travel information.
- Ensure this data is secured and handled appropriately.
- Reach the sales and revenue targets.
- Regularly maintain a good relationship with our customers.
- Provide end to end service while organizing a trip from booking the tickets, reserving the hotels and creating the itinerary.
- Provide all relevant and essential information to the tourists regarding their travel like guides, itinerary, brochures, and maps.
- Stay up to date on domestic and international travel trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Travel and Tourism, Hospitality Business or relevant fields.
- Prior experience as a travel agent is compulsory – at least 2 years.
- Multilingualism is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Efficient negotiation and sales skills.
- Up to date with domestic and international travel trends and restrictions.
- Well read on the rules and regulations of tourism.
- Ability to work with less or no supervision
- Knowledge of visa requirements for various countries.
- Strong knowledge of traveling software and procedures.
- Basic computer skills and software like MS Office & Microsoft excel and relevant reservations software.
N70,000 – N100,000 / Month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Travel Consultant at VIP Express Tourism Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.