Transmission Operations Engineer at Airtel Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Operations Engineer
Job type: Full-time
Career level: Mid-Senior level
- This is a vital position to support enterprise and shops in providing technical issue resolution for enterprise customer locations.
- This person will be interacting with the Partners’ teams’ very extensively. Robust, flexible and state of art fiber and microwave transmission network operations & delivery is the essence of the role.
Enterprise microwave and fiber link network operations:
- Preventive and corrective Maintenance of microwave access & BB network to meet required link / network reliability criteria.
- Study the new site’s requirements and prepare connectivity plan.
- Take inputs for new customer integration and expansion from enterprise project team and implement expansion of transmission links / network.
Last mile PTP and PMP maintenance for enterprise customers:
- Analyse monthly and escalate any frequency interference cases as & when reported or noticed.
Redundancy & protection resilience tests:
- Ensure network redundancy & reliability better than 99.999%.
- This should include expansion of existing network and planning of new routes as well.
- IP Network including IPRAN
- Sound knowledge of local regulatory requirements regarding frequency spectrum use.
- Last mile, access & backbone network including link engineering. Validation of LOS reports and ATP documents. Preparation of feasibility reports as required from time to time. Carry out sample checks for LOS reports and ATP documents.
Good Technical Knowledge:
- Must know in-depth knowledge of transmission technologies like microwave, Fiber networks, DWDM, SPDH/SDH, ASON, VSAT, MPLS, Data communications, etc.
- Vendor partner governance.
- Preparing RFP & Technical specifications
- Adherence to the local regulatory requirements wrt frequency spectrum usage.
- Operations OPEX preparations, progress monitoring and tracking for Fiber and microwave expansions involving enterprise operational issue resolutions.
- Day to day monitoring of KPIs of transmission network to ensure that the reliability is as good as it was planned.
- Close interactions with internal departments like Enterprise project, enterprise sales, deployment, and MS operations.
- Bandwidth and capacity planning & management. Monthly monitoring of traffic, utilization and keep optimizing the links to ensure each links have sufficient capacity to carry traffic, where congestion exists, the network planning team be engaged.
- Regular meetings with partners and other stakeholders.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics & Communication
- Sound knowledge of Transmission of Mobile & Enterprise Network – Operations
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Must have 5 – 7 years relevant experience in Operations of transmission networks domain
- Logical decision making abilities.
- Flexible and dedicated.
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business.
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on SLAs.
- Transmission (Microwave, satellite and Fiber) technologies available from various vendors
- Routers, switches, aggregators & protocols
- Various interfaces
- MPLS / DCN network
- Should have knowledge of local geography, regulatory & customers
- Leadership & entrepreneur skills
- IPRAN, IP networks, LAN, WAN
- Bandwidth & capacity management
- Technologies for Last mile connectivity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnic grouping
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Transmission Operations Engineer at Airtel Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.