Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Engineer (Fibre)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- The Fibre Transmission Engineer Controls, Manages and Supports day to day transmission operations and management of the fiber network, Tellabs and OSN Dxx/DWDM network operations to ensure an optimum network availability, excellent customer experience, delivering Operational Excellence with most cost optimized model in the world.
Day to day management of all national and Metro fiber, Huawei ODN/DWDM and Tellabs Dxx/DWDM Network Operations & Maintenance with Strategic Partners(SPs) to deliver optimal availability and Perpetual quality ( Customer):
- Resolution drive for Fiber cuts & Service rerouting in the event of failures
- Operational Planning for Proper redundancy for links
- Traffic planning & provisioning
- Create n Review plan for service Provisioning then coordination with each MS Partner/POI partners.
- Physical Cross connection coordination
- Ensure preventive maintenance & Escalation procedures of fiber networks and the active nodes are implemented
- Periodic audit of all ASON/DWDM and SDH channels and cross connections domains
- Spares management to ensure availability of both critical and non-critical active spares
- Ensure Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH Service Provider Service Level Agreement management are met
- All Incidence management recommendation and follow up of both national and metro fiber incident including Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH
- Support the Operational Interface to both internal and external stakeholders especially Commercial, Customer Service Delivery and IT teams
- Ensure all regional Requirements and deliverables of Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH Operations and Maintenance are met.
- Day-to-day Utilization monitoring and trigger to Upgrade/Rectify/Govern the partners to resolve issues
- Uptime Monitoring & Troubleshooting with partners
- Traffic cutover implementation on the newly created/Upgraded Transmission network
- End-to end operational management of the National and Metro fiber in accordance to the set availability
- Drafting, owning & implementing the Huawei and Tellabs SDH/DWD frequency and channel/traffic cross connection for robust diversity
- Endure fiber cuts are attended to and restore within the set MTTR
Drive the end to end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure seamless operations across all SP( Process Management):
- Create and Ensure adherence to Governance Model.
- Define service level agreements for internal processes and partners, monitor achievement of defined objectives to ensure an effective and efficient interface to all touch points
- Ensure compliance to applicable policies, procedures and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across relevant touch points to ensure synergy across all MS partners and OEM vendors
- Institute service level agreement measurement methodology to ensure all Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH’s are accurately measured, rewarded and penalized accordingly
- Ensure that all activities of Operations and Maintenance in the central and Region adhere to corresponding regulatory requirements in daily operations.
Partner & Contract Management:
- Ensure all processes for effective management of Partners.
- Identify processes that will continually improve efficiency of delivery of Key Performance Indicators
Build a capable and motivated team at Airtel to create a high performance team environment:
- Recruit the right talent in consultation with function head, as per defined recruitment guidelines
- Develop and motivate team members through structured training and on the job coaching
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition.
Educational Qualification and Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor of Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Telecoms Engineering (Masters Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- 5 – 7 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 4 – 6 years of managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company
- 4 – 5 years of hands on experience in various Fibre network implementation and Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH.
- Tactical disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation.
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of; among others, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.