Trade Service Manager at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Service Manager
Job ID: 2300001324
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employee Status: Permanent
- To assist the Head of Trade Ops in managing and overseeing the day-to-day Core Operation team with the aim to achieve:
- Operational standards / compliance
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Good cost control within the team
- Good quality control on operational / transactional risks
- Compliance with regulations relating to Trade
- Drive and monitor initiatives and activities to improve daily operations in view of accuracy, efficiency and services.
- Work closely with Trade Product Operation and GBS to standardize, simplify, improve and streamline process to strive for continuous productivity improvement.
- Work closely with Trade Client Operation team to continuously drive tier 1 client experience improvements.
Process, Productivity and Budgetary Management:
- Manage Core Operation Team daily operations accordingly to the laid down procedure and standard of service and ensure operations complies with applicable:
- By Generic Product Program and Country Product Addendum
- Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager
- Sanctions policy & procedures
- Group Policies / GDOI
- Legal & Compliance Policies
- Local Regulations
- Monitor workflows to ensure all transactions are promptly processed as reflected by the agreed turnaround times for customers by team members who possess the compatible expertise.
- Pre-processing / Scanning
- Post-processing & dispatch
- Document endorsements & substitutions.
- Authorised Signatory of Trade Instruments.
- Regulated in Country Processing Activities.
- Local Products
- To set realistic but demanding productivity target to units with a view to reduce unit cost.
- Use volume data to do daily/weekly/monthly volume forecasting and organise sufficient resources to handle the volumes within the expected turnaround times.
- Assist Head of Trade Ops for collaboration with Technology on futuristic digital opportunities, pre-empt disruptive forces and commercialise innovative use of technologies.
- Assist Head of Trade Ops to achieve the financial performance targets of operations and to drive the respective country to prioritize investments into making client journey simpler, faster, better Challenge status quo in driving courageous conversations of doing business with Right Clients with a sustainable cost/ income ratio.
Business Continuity Management:
- Assist Head of Trade Operations to ensure an adequate Business Continuity Management (“BCM”) plan is in place across the business, to facilitate continuity of critical business operations in the event of significant business interruption.
People and Talent:
- Train up team members to maximize the productivity of resources available and to ensure that they have the required level of expertise to answer customers’ queries and apply the operational standard required by the Bank.
- Lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement, with the expectation that everyone in Operations are drivers and owners of client outcomes.
- Review team structure and capacity plans in accordance with change in business structure and demand.
- Ensure succession planning for critical roles in place.
- Monitor morale and constantly motivate direct reports to ensure that optimum level of productivity and service standards are achieved.
- To act as a sponsor for the team for all changes facing Trade Operations group to ensure that such changes are implemented successfully.
Regulatory and Business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Monitor the effective communication and implementation of regulatory changes.
- Always work towards achieving the outcomes set out in the Bank’s conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Monitor workflow of transactions during pre-processing and post processing ensuring items are completed within agreed TAT and any items escalated in case of TAT breach.
- Support to effectively implement all operational, regulatory and financial control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and control standard as per the defined Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Provide support on any regular and ad hoc tasks related to unit operational risk management assigned by BRM from time to time.
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct. Develop a robust culture to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Assist to coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the business unit and escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and BRM, when they occur.
- Proactively communicate with the Business Unit Head and BRM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head /BRM as appropriate. Support operations team pre/post audits and assurance reviews.
- Head & team members of Trade Operations
- Head & managers of GBS
- Trade BRM
- Group Trade Operations & Centre of Excellence
- Local TB Product Management
- CCIB Head, RMs and CMs
- BB Head & RMs
- Business Technology
- Front Office & Middle Office
- Other Operations Functions
- Other Functions (HR, Finance, Legal & Compliance, Tax)
- Audit and investigations
- External consultants
- Bank Audit / Accounting firms
- Local and Regional Regulators
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Education: University graduate or above
- Certifications: CDCS, CITF, CIBN are added advantages
- Experience: 8 years abundant Trade Operations working experience
- In-depth understanding of various types of trade products, process flow, regulations and accounting rules.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and operational skills.
- Good management skill and able to coach the team to achieve agreed target.
- Sound PC / MS Office skill.
- Strong organizational skills and well-developed business abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Self-motivator, able to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Passion in identifying and driving new operations improvement opportunities.
- Other than above roles, job holders should follow other job duties and responsibilities assigned by line manage from time to time.
Role Specific Competencies:
- Effective Communications
- Influencing Through Expertise
- Industry Knowledge
- Internal Controls
- Regulatory Environment – Financial Services
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th February, 2023; 12:59:00 AM
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Trade Service Manager at Standard Chartered Bank
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria