Trade Officer at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank – We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Officer
Job ID: 2300006642
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
The Trade Service Officer is entrusted to ensure operation in full compliance with all Country and Group policies as well as local regulatory requirements, through:
- Receives the client’s hard copy application/instruction. The application/document is reviewed to ascertain that it relates to a Trade product.
- Timestamps the client’s application/instruction as well as the acknowledged copy and immediately register it.
- Annotates the assigned transaction reference on the acknowledged copy of the client’s application and release the acknowledged copy to the client where necessary.
- Where the client’s application/instruction is on the back on an already registered Trade transaction e.g. where the application received is an amendment request on an existing LC, payment instruction on an existing LC etc., call up the existing LC reference on Trade Dashboard (TD) and register the application/instruction as an amendment step
- Submit the client application/instruction to the Trade Scanning staff for immediate scanning to GBS for processing.
- Trade scanning staff auto prints the cover page (with bar code), attaches same to the client’s application/instruction/documents and scans to GBS for processing immediately.
- Where the client’s application/instruction relates to Global products such as LCs, Bills for Collection, Open Account/Invoice
- Financing, Guarantee; such should be registered on Trade Dashboard (TD) system. A transaction reference is automatically assigned to the registered application.
- Where the client’s application/instruction relates to Local products such as Form M, such should be registered on eOps system. A transaction reference is automatically assigned to the registered application.
Registration of clients’ application/instruction on TD is as follows;
- Client LC application form is registered on TD under ISS step with product code 01
- Client’s LC amendment, LC cash cover and cancellation Instruction is registered under AMD step on TD with product code
- Advance set of documents under Bills for collection is registered under ISS step with product code 3 and amount as 05.
- Accepted Bill of Exchange is registered under ACP step with product code 03
- Guarantee Issuance application is registered under ISS step with product code 02
- Guarantee Amendment instruction is registered under AMD step with product code 02
- FECD for LC and Bills are registered under MSC 001 step with product code 01 for LC and 03 for Bills
- Invoice Buyer and Invoice Seller are registered on OTP under NEW (New Document Submission) with product code IFNB/IFNS
- Bank set LC Shipping Documents for sight LC is registered under PAY ACP for usance LC
- Advance set LC shipping documents is registered under MSC with amount as 005 for sanctions screening
- Discrepancies acceptance instruction is registered under APA step for sight LC and AAC step for usance LC with product.
- Loan Liquidation instruction is registered under MSC 003 step with product code 01 for LC or 03 for Bills
- Original documents for bills for collection is registered under ISS step with product code 01
- Receives the client’s hard copy instruction. The instruction/document is reviewed to ascertain that it relates to a Trade product and does not fall under documents to be registered on TD or eOPS.
- Timestamps the client’s document/instruction as well as the acknowledged copy and immediately register it on the hard copy register.
- Sign off and release the acknowledged copy to the client.
- Deliver the client’s instruction to the responsible Trade Ops staff for necessary processing.
- Ensure the responsible Trade Ops staff signs against the registered documents in the hard copy register. This is important for necessary future audit trail.
End Of Day Reconciliation:
- For all transactions/documents received and registered in Trade Dashboard (TD), review TD and ensure all registered transactions have been scanned to GBS. Spool a report of all transaction registered in TD showing all have been scanned to GBS and share with your LM via mail for necessary review.
- For all transactions/documents received and registered in eOps, review eOps and ensure all registered transactions have been received by the responsible Trade team. Spool a report of all transaction registered in eOps showing all have been delivered to the Trade Ops team and share with your LM via mail for necessary review.
- For all transactions/documents received and registered in hardcopy register, review the register and ensure all registered transactions have been received by the responsible Trade team. Get the LM to sign off on the register to evidence EOD recons check.
- Where any transaction is yet to be scanned to GBS, provide the pending reason to the LM via mail. The LM should take necessary action to have this resolved.
- Any item not scanned after 24 hours should be escalated to the Head of Trade Operations.
- Reconcile the number of packages received from the courier services with TD and EOPS records to ensure that documents received have been scanned
- The EOD reconciliation must be reviewed and signed off by the Team lead or his delegate in the follow format. The EOD can also with sent via mail with an attachment of the courier register and TD register.
- Head & team members of Trade Operations
- Head & managers of GBS
- Trade BRM
- Group Trade Operations & Centre of Excellence
- Local TB Product Management
- CCIB Head, RMs & CMs
- BB Head, RMs
- Business Technology
- Front Office & Middle Office
- Other Operations Functions
- Other Functions (HR, Finance, Legal & Compliance, Tax)
- Audit and investigations
- External consultants
People and Talent:
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people such that the team is skilled and experienced to deliver its obligations. Ensure succession planning for critical roles.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those objectives and responsibilities.
- Review team structure and capacity plans in accordance with change in business structure and demand..
Regulatory and Business Conduct:
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Create a climate where risk issues are surfaced without fear and resolved as part of our culture.
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management constraints with risk and control matters to ensure that they do not materially threaten the group’s ability to remain within risk appetite.
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct. Develop a robust culture to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Key Stakeholders
- Global Trade COO, Global TB Risk and Governance Head, Regional Trade COO, Regional Trade Head, Regional / Cluster COO , Global Head of Trade Technology, Global Trade Operations, Global Trade Product, Regional and country risk framework owners
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group’s internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group’s brand and Here for good with employees, clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including regulators and staff.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; University educated
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations; none additional
- Professional Memberships; relevant memberships to be agreed
- Languages; English
Role Specific Competencies:
- Business Facilitation
- Manage Change
- Strategy & Business Model
- Service Delivery & Operations
- Management of Frontline Risk
- Business Governance & Support
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th May, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Trade Officer at Standard Chartered Bank
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.