African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Temporary Staff – Operations Assistant
Position Number: 50091761
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Position Grade: GS7
The Recruiter Complex
- The Vice-Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is at the heart of the Bank’s mission to develop the private sector, improve infrastructure and accelerate industrialization.
- The complex’s main mission is to: (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development and promote inclusive growth and sustainable development; ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban planning; and (iii) strengthening action on industrial and trade performance for structural transformation in Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments to deliver on the Bank’s development agenda.
The Recruiting Department / Division
- The Department of Infrastructure and Urban Development (PICU) supports the Bank’s Regional Member Countries (RMCs) in identifying the types of loans and grants to finance transport projects and programmes, as well as the non-loan knowledge products used to develop and implement transport sector policies and strategies, as well as sectoral reforms to ensure that best practices are integrated into policy, planning, programming, institutional governance, maintenance and operations.
- The Operations Assistant incumbent will be responsible for analyzing operations, as part of his duties, to facilitate the work and decision-making of the Division Manager and the work teams in the Region.
Under the supervision of the Head of Regional Division, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Create and manage databases of the Division and perform any task related to data entry and analysis as required, and ensure the updating of information in physical and electronic filing systems (Sankofa shared server)
- Contribute to the preparation of activity notes and reports, meeting summaries and/or briefing notes on operations, progress made and lessons learned, drawing on project reports, workshops and information contained in the Bank’s database;
- Update SAP data management information for all Bank-funded Infrastructure projects, including contract registration and results, in collaboration with project managers and the Country Program Officer;
- Recruit and manage consultants with particular attention to procedures and payment tracking;
- Contribute to the annual preparation of the division’s budget and the day-to-day management of the division’s budget;
- Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of the implementation of the Division’s annual work programme as well as to the regular updates of the program;
- Performs other operational support tasks as requested by the Division Manager and the Program Officer.
- Monitor program activities through data management in SAP, SARS, BPPS, RRS and other systems, and ensure that information on Bank-financed projects is regularly updated;
- Support the Division and administrative staff in the preparation of planning and information documents, drawing on information stored in databases;
- Track acquisitions and other requests for non-objection notices received for all projects managed by the Division ;
- Contribute to the preparation of project managers’ missions, participate in missions, as required, and provide logistical support for the implementation of the programme of conferences and workshops organized by the Division ;
Selection Criteria (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, Information Technology and have additional training in Secretariat / Administration / Administrative Management (BTS or DUT) or any other related field;
- Be equipped with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to communicate effectively, both written and oral, in English or French, with a good knowledge of the other language;
- Be able to effectively manage internal and external requests ;
- Provide proof of nationality or proof of permanent resident status with a work permit in the proposed country of employment;
- Have at least five (5) years of relevant professional and practical experience in data management, team support, project management, work program and budget development, preferably in an international organization;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to interact diplomatically with clients and staff at all levels;
- Have a recognized ability to exercise good judgment in interpersonal relationships at all levels and in the handling of confidential information;
- Know how to use common Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Proficiency in SAP is desirable;
- Be able to work under pressure in an international and multicultural environment;
- Demonstrate a high sense of initiative, enthusiasm and team spirit;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th June, 2022.
Note: This position does not attract international terms and conditions. the post holder will be considered a short -term staff (local staff).
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.