Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – HIV / Hypertension
Loaction: Akwa Ibom
- Will provide the programmatic coordination and technical direction to the delivery of the hypertension-HIV integration project activities in Akwa Ibom State including design, implementation, training, supervision, and monitoring of project activities.
- S/He will interact with site program managers, key stakeholders in SMoH, SASCP, SACA, LACA, other implementing agencies, and local research groups to advance project objectives, develop policies, and design context-specific strategies to improve the integration of hypertension services into routine HIV care and treatment activities and support capacity development of healthcare workers on Hypertension/HIV services, including developing a training curriculum/IECs/SOPs on hypertension.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- MB.BS/MD/Ph.D or similar degree with 1 to 3 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive HIV programs in resource-constrained settings.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource-constrained settings.
- Or B.Sc/BA in pharmacy, microbiology, health sciences, monitoring and evaluation, public health, or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource-constrained settings.
- Experience in large and complex donor-funded national health-focused projects is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Candidates should forward a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Vacancy Closes: Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis