FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer (Clinical Services), EpiC COVID-19
Supervisor: Senior Technical Officer, (Clinical Services) – EpiC COVID-19
Duration: Six (6 months)
- With the Senior Technical Officer, the Technical Officer – clinical services will provide technical and programmatic support on the Oxygen Technical Assistance Project in the country office to implement high quality care and support activities towards mitigating COVID-19 transmission, morbidity and mortality with primary focus on strengthening medical oxygen availability, access, coverage, and uptake for COVID-19 response in Nigeria.
- S/he will support capacity building to the health workers to implement quality services in this area.
- Support knowledge translation and management to guide evidence-informed decisions for strengthening medical oxygen availability, access, coverage, and uptake for COVID-19 response in Nigeria Provide on-going technical assistance in the development of protocols, templates, tools and SOPs for facility level assessments, resource mapping and facility level operational plans for strengthening medical oxygen use for COVID-19 response Support the designs and execution of technical assistance visits, workshops, and meetings.
- Support the technical staff in rapid digital transformations and automations for coordinating technical working groups, tracking and managing equipment and commodities for medical oxygen use and facilitating linkages to care to improve uptake of medical oxygen
- Work with technical staff and other relevant FHI360 staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of hypoxemia and the use of medical oxygen and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Support the design, execution, coordination and transmission of community of practices (CoP) for COVID-19 medical oxygen technical assistance alongside the Government of Nigeria stakeholders and the private sector
- Support stakeholder engagement and resource mobilization for COVID-19 medical oxygen use, working alongside the Department of Hospital services at the Federal Ministry of Health, NPHCDA, and other implementing partners
- Report on coordination of medical oxygen use technical working groups and community of practice Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Perform other related duties for program management as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- MBBS / MD / PhD or similar Degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in clinical care and/or medical oxygen-use programs with a sound understanding of national COVID-19 response. Or BS/BA in statistics, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, and the national oxygen ecosystem is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding COVID-19
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Strong inter-personal, problem solving and analytical skills with demonstrable good standing with relevant stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply