Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Marketing Manager, Wheat Development
- Rapidly establish 1,000 demonstration farms across 16 states, ensuring proper site selection and good agronomic practices for optimal yields – converting many farmers nationwide to wheat production
- Track and report on all farm operations and ensure proper escalation of urgent issues to FMAN/WDG leadership
- Contribute farmer/customer insights to WDG nationwide wheat development strategy
- Lead and develop a team of up to 20 people based in northern Nigeria
- Support the Program Director with other duties as assigned
- Maintain demonstration farms and relationships with demo farmers to ensure maximum yields and optimal effectiveness as marketing and training sites
- Facilitate the training of thousands of wheat farmers on site at the demo farms in collaboration with state ADP staff, CBN and FMAN/WDG teams
- First Degree in Agriculture or any other related field.
- Master’s degree or equivalent is an added advantage.
- 5+ years of experience in agriculture, including successful management of irrigated demonstration farms and large scale farmer training programs
- 10 – 15 years of professional experience, including leading geographically dispersed teams
- Must be results-oriented and take pride in achieving targets despite unexpected challenges
- Must be passionate about bringing new ideas and technologies to farmers with clear understanding of what it takes to change farmers’ mindsets
- Must be a hands-on leader ready to travel significantly in northern Nigeria to support team
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply