Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do – believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but also critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services – from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention as well as AIDS care and treatment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below for the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE), a USAID funded project:
Job Title: Technical Advisor, Pediatrics
Requisition Number: TECHN001321
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Job Category: Technical Services
Job type: Full-time
Reports to: The Deputy Chief of Party / Technical Director
About the Project
- The Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) is focused on accelerating the achievement of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria through the delivery of high impact HIV prevention, care and support services to populations in Nigeria most at risk of acquiring HIV.
- The goal of the project is improved HIV/AIDS/TB (HAT) outcomes of priority and key populations in underserved local government areas in Bauchi, Jigawa and Kano states.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Increase access and provision of HAT services
- Increase the quality of HAT services
- Increase health system resiliency, responsiveness, and accountability
- Responsible for provision of technical oversight and capacity building to technical officers and health care workers in ACE supported States to assure delivery of quality, relevant and quantifiable pediatric and adolescent HIV services.
Job Responsibilities / Essential Duties
- Working jointly with the HTS team, support PITC and index client testing to reach all children and adolescents
- Ensure timely linkage of all positive children and adolescents to ART
- Ensure ART infected children and adolescents are retained on ART
- Ensure all eligible children and adolescents have updated viral load as per national guidelines
- Ensure viral suppression among children and adolescents on ART
- Support quality implementation of pediatric differentiated service delivery (DSD) models including family model clinic (FMC), mother-baby pair (MBP) clinic and pediatric specific clinics
- Conduct ongoing mapping on ARV optimization need and support facility teams to transition children to efficacious regimen (LPV/r and DTG)
- Support timely availability of adolescents living with HIV (ALHIV) data from all sites to guide areas that need support
- Train healthcare providers on quality pediatric and adolescent care
- Conduct supportive supervision to supported sites
- Provide timely updates for the quarterly program performance review and share mitigation for underperforming areas
- Monthly reporting, feedback and data use on key pediatric and adolescent indicators
- Participate in development of strategic tools (SOPs, TORs, package of care) to guide pediatric and adolescent programming
- Participate in National and State TWG/stakeholder meetings
- Support Pregnant and breastfeeding ALHIV with comprehensive maternal and child package to ensure better outcomes for both mother and child
- Support tracing and back to care initiatives to improve retention of ALHIV in care
- To increase access of Family planning to sexually active adolescents through strengthening provision of comprehensive YFHS services
- To improve access to sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment among adolescents and young people
- To improve referral, linkage and documentation of complete referrals among AGYW linked to community interventions
- Candidates should possess a Medical Degree (MBBS)
- Master of Public Health (MPH); Master of Sciences Epidemiology (MSc) or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Strong experience in providing mentorship and technical assistance
- Self-motivated and demonstrated success in building effective programs in resource-limited settings
- At least five (5) years of proven experience in design, implementation and coordination of HIV and TB-project in resource limited settings
- Extensive clinical experience in care of HIV infected adults and children in resource limited settings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills. Proven ability to write high quality scientific/management documents
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
Other Essential Requirement:
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Pathfinder International and among beneficiaries served by Pathfinder International
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pathfinder is committed to safeguarding and protecting the people we serve as well as our staff. We have zero tolerance for any behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, as well as our staff and partners, including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. Everyone we hire must abide by our safeguarding and related policies, including reporting suspected or known policy violations.
- By submitting an application, you acknowledge you understand you will be subjected to a variety of vetting checks intended to verify your suitability to work with us.
- Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities