Peniel Apartments Limited is a hospitality company in the heart of Abuja, providing of medium to long-stay, serviced apartments to guests from various parts of the world for over twenty years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Food & Beverages
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Department: Kitchen & Restaurant Operations
Reports To: Operation Manager
- To ensure that the kitchen runs smoothly and all kitchen and restaurant staff adhere to safety regulations.
- The role occupier will supervise kitchen and restaurant staff, organize food orders, oversee food preparation, cook and examine food plating and temperatures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s approved inventory and stock management procedure i.e. inventory list, storage requirements, monthly stock reporting and sign off on requisition forms.
- Conduct regular stock audits and establish controls to minimize food and supply wastage and theft.
- Evaluate food products to be sure quality standards are met.
- Research on local and international dishes for inspiration in menu creation.
- Create / update menus bi-annually, for Management’s approval
- Collaborate with F & B for menu pricing.
- Advise on and standardize menu portions.
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation for consistency.
- Streamline the food preparation process by maximizing the use of available kitchen equipment / resources
- To avoid break down in operations, create a checklist for the regular, weekly or monthly servicing of kitchen equipment e.g. ovens, refrigerators, coffee machines, deep fryers, dish washers etc.
- Ensure the kitchen is cleaned and sanitized at least twice weekly
- Ensure the kitchen is sufficiently staffed and all job roles are clearly defined and adequately covered.
- Expose staff to other job roles for skill development and back up purposes.
- Manage staff scheduling, keep track of shifts, especially on special days / occasions and in-house events to ensure the workflow is undisturbed.
- Cook and directly supervise food preparations; ensure they are done in accordance with best practice.
- Make sure food items are stored in an orderly manner and under the proper conditions to avoid contamination and wastage.
- The kitchen area and dining space should be pest free, hence, ensure regular pest control methods are undertaken.
- Ensure the high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Create a checklist around food safety and hygiene requirements and send a weekly achievement report to HR
- Prepare necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitor actual financial results; take corrective action as necessary towards meeting financial goals.
- Ensure all key functions are covered in every shift
- Train staff to adhere to all safety, sanitation, food preparation, food storage and beverage control policies
- Have a daily briefing with all staff at start of each shift with detailed check list of what must be observed e.g. food hygiene, safety and assignments
- Ensure staff are spotless in appearance within the kitchen, at meetings and during events
- Monitor staff performance levels and report discrepancies to HR
- Ensure representatives from the kitchen attend all service lineups and meetings.
- In conjunction with F&B management team, maintain a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Manage service in all food and beverage assigned areas and events
- Ensure dining rooms are well prepared and tables and chairs set, linens, glassware, etc. are properly positioned.
- Develop and implement routine checklist for waiters to ensure food presentation standards are followed i.e. temperature, food care etc.
- Acquire feedback from guests in order to ensure satisfaction and/or implement service improvement ideas
- Identify customers’ needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
- Ensure a pleasant dining experience by the creation of menus and menu pricing as requested
- Create, maintain and distribute weekly schedules for staff and communicate changes as appropriate to all
- Conduct pre-shift, pre-meal and/or pre-event meetings with all staff, as may be required
- Develop and implement routine checklist for waiters, room service staff and events to ensure food presentation standards are followed i.e. temperature, food care etc.
- Ensure that all service staff are dressed in accordance with to the organization’s appearance standards
Education & Training
- Culinary School Diploma or Degree in Food service management, BA, or related field a MUST
- 8 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience 5 years of which must be in a managerial role in a similar position in a 3 or 4 star hotel/serviced apartment
- Proven food and beverage management experience
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
Knowledge & Experience:
- Culinary expertise
- Conversant with the health and safety requirements of a kitchen.
- A deep understanding of ingredients.
- Knowledge and experience in menu planning and portion control.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to multitask.
- Attention to details
- Leadership skills
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st January, 2022.