Supply Chain Officer at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT), Nigeria
Employment type: Full Time
Career level: Mid Level
Proposed start date: February 2023
Reporting to: Procurement Manager
About the Job
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Supply Chain Officer who will be responsible to support the Procurement Manager in all supply chain and procurement activities within the ACF Nigeria mission.
- Throughout the supply chain and procurement processes, he/she will provide shipment clearing supports, prepare and collect all documentation whilst ensuring compliance with ACF procedures, liaise with suppliers on daily basis, conduct market assessments, request quotations, evaluate supplier bids and follow up on procurement authorization, delivery schedules and supplier payments.
- Process all PLs through the LINK application;
- Receive and process procurement lines (PL) on reception frequencies;
- Follow the importation of drugs and other related/non-related items (as captured on the Import duty exemption certificate / NAFDAC Import permit);
- Provide support in market analysis;
- Review and preparing of mission consultancies with support from the procurement manager;
- Support in tender processes and set up;
- Prepare procurement dossiers for framework agreements and contract and update relevant monitoring tools (procurement follow up and contract follow up);
- Liaise with contractor to ensure compliance with the contract, including initial meeting;
- Supervise receipt of awarded items for proper deliveries according to the order;
- Ensure quality & quantity control of deliveries;
- Liaise with the base or capital logistician / IT for the delivery supervision and collection;
- Ensure packaging and shipping to bases is well done and documented.
- Support in the request for IDEC, NAFDAC Import permit, NAFDAC no objection waiver, SONCAP certificate (for SON regulated products);
- Support in the processing of M-Forms, Pre Arrival Assessment Reports, Marine Insurance and other necessary documentation required for importation;
- Prepare request for quote, prepare assessment table and get approval according to ACF standard procedures;
- Prepare purchase contract or Supplier Purchase Order (SPO) and coordinate supplier during the delivery of the goods and services;
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / Higher National Diploma in Logistics, Business Administration, Purchasing and Supply or related fields;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in similar responsibilities is required;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, especially MS Excel;
- Rigorous, with strong organization skills and attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills;
- Professional level of English;
- Ability to work in complex environment and can bear the work load.
- Sound knowledge of procurement and supply functions;
- Good understanding of supply chain management;
- Good knowledge about the use of LINK procurement tool;
- Some experience in supervising staff;
Starting Basic Salary
- N326,033 / Month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th January, 2023.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Supply Chain Officer at Action Against Hunger
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.