Phase3 Telecom is West Africa’s largest independent fibre optic infrastructure and telecommunications services provider. With coverage of 6000km and counting, the company is licensed to run its network on Nigeria’s power infrastructure with expansion into the ECOWAS region using its unique Right of Way (RoW).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager (Engineering)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Department: Supply Chain Management
Reporting To: GM Supply Chain
- The Supply Chain Manager – Engineering, will have core competency in engineering to support the department in ensuring quality of vendor and engineering supplies, reduce risk with current or potential vendors and ensure longevity of product use.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contract negotiation and maintenance with vendors to minimize Capex and Opex
- Ensure creation of a “brand register”. This will be to catalogue products that meet the Phase3 Standard of quality to ensure longevity of use.
- Ensure all supplied goods meet standard user specifications.
- Review quality of service from 3rd party service providers and equipment suppliers.
- Create a vendor performance and risk assessment dashboard, and monitor for continued value of service and potential risks
- Ensure supplies are received at the right time at the right location enforcing testing of supplied materials by user department before receipt into P3T inventory
- Maintain good working relationship with relevant regulatory bodies.
- Ensure the reduction of turn- around time for all approved requisitions.
- Ensure requesting departments properly scopes their request in the PAR to avoid prolonged lead time on pre-tender clarification.
- Developing, implementing, and managing quality processes that enable the team to check quality specifications for every product delivered.
- Identifying and establishing appropriate quality specifications for each product to be received.
- Reviewing customer, client, and end-user feedback, after project implementation.
- Identify risks in procurement process, carry out actions to mitigate and engage timely contingency plans when required.
- Ensure “Know Your Vendor Sessions” are carried out every quarter
- Support the HOD in managing the vendor selection and evaluation process ensuring the engagement of value adding vendors.
- Implementation of dependable filling system and data base ensuring that all contracts are centrally held in a single data base.
- Ensure that the business areas are given advance notice of contract renewal and expiry.
- Ensure that all approved PAR are treated timely.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field
- Relevant certification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of which 1 year must have been managerial
- Mandatory is at least a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the telecom sector
- Knowledge of use and hands on experience in fiber optic cable deployment, is requisite.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Result- oriented, self-driven with a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skill.
- Reliable, tolerant and determined and must also be an emphatic communicator.
- Project and relationship management skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral including report writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 28th October, 2021.