uLesson is a venture–backed education technology business whose mission is to deliver high–quality, affordable, and accessible education to all Africans. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 4 and 12 with access to high–quality, curriculum–relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our uLesson App has been downloaded over 2 miliion times and we’ve been featured by credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Techcrunch, Quartz and Business insider. Our product is aimed at delivering better learning outcomes for students across Africa, as well as improving their performance in national and international examinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Subject Matter Expert
We are currently looking for talented individuals who are passionate about technology, education, and making a difference to join our Content and Development Team as Subject Matter Expert for the following departments:
- Economics .
- Creating learning plans and resources on Government, Accounting and Economics.
- Co-planning, evaluating, andrevising subject-based curricula, andmethods ofinstruction.
- Improving the quality of developed content as guided by the learner and/or colleague feedback.
- Any special assignment ortask assigned by the manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Government, Accounting and Economics.
- Experience in developing e-learning courses and/orlessons is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and a generally well organised and detail-oriented persona.
- Ability to work with a team and under pressure.
- Tech/Internet savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office andGoogle Suite applications.
- At least 2 years ofteaching and/orlecturing experience: physical, virtual, one-to-one, one-to-many.
- Deep knowledge oftheNigerian primary and/or secondary school curricula.
- Excellent writing, speaking, andpresentation skills.
- Deep passion and ability forteaching.
Salary is globally competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated copy of their CV and a one-minute video pitch (minimum) telling us about themselves and their experiences and stating why they are a good fit to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Subject of interest (e.g Application for the position of a Subject Matter Expert – Government) as the subject of the email.