Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The Fund for Africa’s Future (Future Africa) is a fund manager that invests early in mission driven founders solving hard problems for large markets. Our mission is to build an African future by turning our most difficult challenges into global business opportunities. Our fund is backed by the founders of Andela, Paystack, Jumpbike and investors at Local Globe. Our vision is to build a future where purpose and prosperity are within everyone’s reach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategy Associate
Location: Yaba, Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Time
In this role, you’ll often find yourself:
- Defining the strategic roadmap together with the Leadership Team.
- Ensuring key goals are defined across all units of the organization.
- Designing and tracking a Future Africa KPI cockpit.
- Shadowing CEO/COO/CFO in key meetings and write decks for key initiatives.
- Creating materials (e.g. presentations) for key meetings and initiatives.
- Facilitating meetings with Partners, Advisors, and Boards.
- Turning strategic business goals and decisions into actionable team projects.
- Leading and accelerating selected Strategic Initiatives.
- 2-3 years experience in a top tier Consulting firm
- A keen interest in developing the Startup space in Africa
- A voracious appetite for feedback, hard work and professional development
- Communicate fluently in English
- Ability to work remotely with fast & reliable internet
- Minimum of 5+ hours overlap with WAT business hours.
- Ability to contribute to strategic discussions while being hands on at the same time
- Excellent ability to write a great story in presentation format quickly and independently
- Advanced skills in meeting management
- Super organised in handling multiple tasks and prioritising work
This role could be perfect for you if you identify as 2+ of the following:
- You enjoy communicating across departments to ensure all team members are aligned with strategy and development process.
- You keep internal and external stakeholders abreast of business progress through meetings, presentations, calls and emails.
- You have successfully leveraged handled executive communications across cadre and teams on strategy and business progress.
- You love crafting presentations almost as much as you love finding the numbers that tell a story.
- You are able to turn an executive conversation into a masterpiece presentation identifying missing pieces and complementing it with your own research.
- You are not shy to ask the right questions at the right time.
Executive Coach Turned Trusted Advisor:
- You like working with people who have big aspirations and need your help to see them come to life.
- You use empathy and appreciation to ask and answer the right questions at the right time.
- You’ve developed both a patient demeanor and a firm, guiding hand through many years of working with advising executives.
Problem Space Navigator:
- You love identifying opportunities for improvement.
- You are an expert in collaboratively scoping and solving business problems with executives.
- You have identified multiple problems and solutions to help businesses navigate their emerging challenges.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th February, 2022.