Strategic Information Officer at Jhpiego Nigeria
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Officer
Job ID: 2023-4919
Job Type: Full-time
Category: International Positions
- The Strategic Information Officer will assist in the development, implementation and management of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHPIEGO Nigeria Country Office.
- S/he will work closely with program and technical staff to maintain monitoring frameworks that are accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive.
- S/he will maintain office data base systems and ensure up-to-date, accurate information in them.
- S/he will assist the program staff in preparing sections of program reports that deal with monitoring and evaluation, and in the implementation of program assessments and evaluations.
- The Strategic Information Officer (SIO) will support all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities of the project. Specifically, the SIO will work closely with state teams to coordinate the implementation of the National harmonized HMIS strategic plan across vertical health programs and ensure that service providers and other stakeholders comply with the strategic plan.
- S/he will also provide technical expertise to the RISE state teams and Partners in the development and dissemination of HMIS standards and guidelines.
- The SIO will build capacity in quality data collection, analysis, dissemination and use of health information at the state and health facility levels for program planning and management and will assist state teams to increase the dissemination of information appropriately packaged for various stakeholder groups.
- The SIO will work closely with the SI Advisor in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff and support the program staff on ways to properly organize and capture program progress and document lessons learned.
- The SIO will also support state teams on regular basis to verify and edit data to ensure compatibility with data entry systems and procedural requirements.
- The SIO will conduct routine data quality validation/audit and provide regular feedbacks to improve the quality of data in all supported sites and among the different stakeholders.
- S/he will collect, collate and report all data tracked by the program and work with the state teams as well as other stakeholders to develop dashboard for routine data.
- Perform other duties relating to the project assigned by the supervisor.
- Postgraduate / Master’s Degree in Public Health, Medical Sciences, Demography, Statistics, or related field.
- At least 4 – 6 years’ post-NYSC professional experience in the implementation and management of health Strategic Information systems.
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR HIV/AIDS programs, Nigerian public sector health system and HIV/AIDS response.
- Core Strategic information experience, conversant with MER indicators, data collection, analysis and data visualization using DHIS2, Electronic Medical Records, Statistical software, Power BI/Tableau and other innovative data management systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Excel) and related applications.
- High-level computer skills using DHIS2, SPSS and/or STATA, PowerBI and Epi-Info
- Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work;
- Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in basic data management, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on HMIS tools.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring
NGN638,000 – NGN 721,000 Monthly Gross.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Strategic Information Officer at Jhpiego Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria