Store Attendant at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Attendant
Job Ref: STS2023-003
Duration: 6 months’ renewable
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
- Identify customer needs and make provisions for them.
- Maintain general cleanliness of the shop and ensure that items are presented in an appealing manner.
- Raise requisition to replenish the shop with new items.
- General control of inventory.
- Ensure compliance with general procedures of shop management.
- General safety and security of the shop must be given high priority.
- Perform home delivery service using motorbike.
- Warm welcome to customers and engage in conversation that will help to promote the sales and trust of the customers.
- Display Merchandise/items received from the main stores on the shelves in a well-organized manner.
- Assist customers in locating the items needed as they may be required.
- Advice customers when the need arises for item usage if they are not familiar with them.
- Assist customers in packing their goods up to the exit point or even to the car park.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’level with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Have ability to use Oracle Application.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have ability to use basic Microsoft software (word, excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th February, 2023.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Store Attendant at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.