Slum2School is a volunteer driven development organization transforming the society by empowering underserved children in slums and remote communities with quality education, entrepreneurial skills, and psychosocial support to enable them to realize their full potential and become social reformers. Founded in 2012, we recognize that there are severe shortcomings in the educational sector in Africa and in this area, we are committed to transforming the lives of Africa’s most precious resource – her children.
We provide educational scholarships, create safe learning spaces, use 21st century pedagogy and technology to improve learning outcomes and provide several other health and psychosocial supports for underserved children in slums and hard to reach communities. This is achieved by collaborating with the government, private sector, individuals, civil society organizations and other developmental agencies towards building a resourceful and sustainable network. Most importantly building a network of socially responsible community of volunteers committed to social reformation. We envision a world where every child has access to quality education, good health, and a happy family.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stakeholder and Corporate Partnership Manager
Description of Role
- The Stakeholder and Corporate Partnership Manager is responsible for identifying, building, and maintaining strong external relationships with local and international partners.
- Working to achieve the organization’s long-term fundraising goals through strategic partnerships, external relations management, brand positioning, implementing and sustaining effective financial and partnership growth strategy/models.
- The Stakeholder and Corporate Partnership Manager will be the focal point between external stakeholders and the organization.
- Build and cultivate a high-performing partnership team and play an active role in attracting, and retaining the right corporate partners.
- Oversee together with the legal team, the development, and management of contracts/agreements with partners and stakeholders.
- Research and leverage high-value business development and partnership opportunities.
- Reporting & Supervision
- The Stakeholder and Corporate Partnership Manager will report to the Head of Operations.
- Formalize and launch a corporate annual giving program.
- Proactive development of new high-value opportunities that adequately meet fundraising goals.
- Oversee, design, update and implement fundraising strategies to engage industry partners and provide unrestricted funding for Slum2School Africa growth plan.
- Develop and implement an external communication strategy.
- Work proactively to drive innovation, including the adaptation and introduction of successful media formats and platforms in new territories, to reach new audiences.
- Develop and maintain key contacts and ensure that the organization is abreast of trends and changes in development as it relates to partnerships and relevant themes.
- Work with the Head of Operations to identify opportunities for organizational growth and in the refinement of a set of management metrics to predict outcomes.
- Liaise with the Head of Finance in the development of sustainable financial management and reporting strategies.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- MBA or relevant Graduate Degree in Management, Communications or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in a related role.
- Proven record of stakeholder management and partnership experience in a for-profit or nonprofit organization.
- Proven record of leadership skills at a mid or senior organizational level.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Slum2School Africa’s mission, and an unwavering commitment to making Slum2School Africa a high performing Pan African Development organization.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art organizational development tools.
- Strong relationship, business, and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage teams, departments, and projects simultaneously.
- Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a team, maintain a sense of humor, and interact with a diverse array of people from all walks of life.
- Exceptional strategic planning abilities, attention to detail, and delivery.
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written, including the ability to develop relevant pitch decks.
- Risk-based decision-making towards value-added results.
- Self-starter who takes initiative using sound and independent judgment, who seeks guidance when and where appropriate – a doer as well as a manager.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organized with concern for detail and a commitment to rigor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.