Sponsorship Officer at Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF)
The Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF) based in Jalingo, Taraba State, is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered to practice in Nigeria. The NGO works in partnership with public, private, and other non-government organizations to contribute to achieving equitable, sustainable, and quality healthcare delivery in Nigeria. It was registered with Taraba State Government in 2001 and with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria in August 2005. Our vision is to ensure universal access to quality health care and social services among the general population, especially women and children.
WACHEF is a member of World Hepatis Alliance (WHA), International Alliance of Patients` Organization (IAPO), Tuberculosis Network of Nigeria, African Liver Patients Association (ALPA), Association of OVC NGOs in Nigeria (AONN), Network Against Child Trafficking Abuse and Labor (NACTAL),Civil Society for HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (CiSHAN), Coalition of Civil Society Organization in Taraba State among others. The organization has implemented several projects under World Bank, Global Fund, BMGF etc. WACHEF is implementing Local Right Programme (LRP) using Child Sponsorship Mechanism in Taraba State with funding from Actionaid Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sponsorship Officer
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
Project: Local Right Programme (LRP)
Reports to: Executive Director
- Reporting to the Executive Director, the Sponsorship officer will facilitate community mobilisation, planning, and implementation of program and sponsorship processes and activities. S/He will closely work with Executive Director WACHEF and Actionaid Sponsorship Manager, enrolled children and their caregivers/parents, local leaders and other stakeholders to deliver quality programs, and sponsorship relations communications. S/He will be the link between the community and WACHEF to ensures all Child Safeguarding policies and protocols are adhered to.
Main Duties and Responsibilities may include, but not limited to
- Communities and Children understand and support Child Sponsorship mechanism; that good relationships are maintained with community members (Community Facilitators, Teachers, Community Leaders and Parents) through the provision of training and orientation on the ActionAid’s approach to development and the use of Child Sponsorship mechanism.
- All relevant stakeholders at LRP understand Child Sponsorship mechanism and are able to explain it to community members through provision of training and support in all aspects of Child Sponsorship.
- All Child Sponsorship policies and procedures are adhered to.
- LRP Annual Activity Plan is produced and implemented accordingly;
- Annual Communication Plans to supporters for the LRP are produced and implemented.
- All draft reports to Sponsors are submitted on time to the Sponsorship Manager using good quality information (case studies, stories and photographs);
- Letters from sponsors to children are passed on and acknowledged in Child Messages;
- Supporter queries are answered within stipulated deadlines making field inquiries as necessary
- Accurate and orderly sponsorship records (Child Profiles, Digital Photographs) are maintained manually and on computer;
- Integrity of supporter’s information (addresses) are securely maintained;
- Weekly reports for detailing sponsorship activities planned, activities implemented, and activities outstanding are produced for the Child Sponsorship Manager;
- Child Profiles are collected as per Annual Allocation for the LRP and to cover withdrawals; collection in planned in coordination with other LRP staff; supervision is provided to Community Volunteers involved in Child Profile collection; Photographs are taken and processed according to standards laid down in Sponsorship Manuals;
- All supporters receive 2 (two) Child Messages per year; Child Message collection activities are planned and implemented within deadlines;
- All Child Messages are processed and dispatched; the results of child message collection are reported to child Sponsorship Manager;
- Supporters are promptly informed of any change to the status of their link, including the dispatch of transfer packs;
- All resources of the Sponsorship Office, including equipment, computers, cameras, modems and stationery etc. are maintained in good order and are rationally utilized for ActionAid’s work
- First Degree or HND certificate from a recognized tertiary institution
- Experience in community development programmes
- At least 1 year experience in relevant funding and child development work
- Strong time management and organizational skills – able to manage multiple demands, under pressure and hit deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have the following experiences:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships, based on mutual respect and trust, and ensure that relationships thrive under pressure.
- Experience of developing and delivering coaching and training to a range of audiences across different cultures and abilities
- Experience of collecting compelling stories, video and photographs
- In depth understanding and experience of child sponsorship
- Ability to react quickly, identify and respond to demands.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills in English and local languages
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as one attachment to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 13th January, 2023.
- Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WACHEF is an equal opportunity organization.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Sponsorship Officer at Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.