Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Social Media manager, your role will be to support Jumia developing its brand across SoMe channels (Instagram, FB, YouTube, Twitter and TikTok). You will leverage and develop Jumia’s community of influencers.
- You will execute our content strategy across all SoMe, designing posts that generate engagement. Ultimately, your goal will be to contribute to positioning Jumia a relevant and engaging brand, associated with trendy content and positive conversations.
- Thus, you will be at the core of the Jumia brand building strategy. You will need to be extremely tuned to trends, influencers, and generally speaking be completely passionate about Social Media.
- Plan and execute quality content aiming to improve Jumia’s content quality.
- Make checks on all our SoMe on a daily basis.
- Generate weekly plans and reports to improve KPIs.
- Monitor implementation and scale up Jumia’s relationship with influencers.
- Ensure growth on # influencers participating to Jumia’s campaigns.
- Assess the quality of the influencers and emulate the community.
- Frequently interact with them to ensure they are excited to work with Jumia.
- Monitor the impact of their posts on KPIs and steer performance.
- Plan content weekly to ensure posts generate the right level of engagement.
- Collaborate with graphics team to ensure quality visuals for your content.
- Be ahead of the curve for all the viral trends.
- Trending products, challenges, reposts, videos, etc.
- Share best practices across countries.
- Scale the # orders driven through influencers.
KPIs to Evaluate Success
- Number of influencers and number of orders driven from their content.
- Average Engagement on IG, FB and Twitter.
- Daily Active Users driven from social platforms.
- Routine compliance (weekly report, weekly content plan, monthly planning with influencers, weekly CMO review).
Qualifications & Experience
- Passion for social media scene and trends.
- Well organized and ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills in English, and willingness to be immersed.
in a very international and entrepreneurial environment.
- Fast learning abilities and analytical skills.
- Previous experience with social media (eg working in an agency) a plus.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term
objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply