Social Media Community Manager at Sightsavers Nigeria
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Social Media Community Manager (Maternity Cover)
Location: Abuja or Kaduna (Remote, hybrid or in office)
Employment Type: Contract
Department: Campaigning and Communications / Social Media
Duration: 12 month fixed term contract (possibility of extension)
Slot: 2 Openings
The post holder will:
- Grow, manage and engage a global community of active supporters online, using organic/paid/earned social, creative content executions and peer-to-peer marketing to deliver channel/communications objectives.
- Protect and enhance the reputation of the organisation through effective channel moderation and high-quality supporter stewardship online.
- Lead the development, delivery and evaluation of social media strategy for one of Sightsavers’ three thematic areas. Deliver on-platform engagement and off-platform conversions to set KPIs.
- Support broader campaign and communications strategy through social media, ensuring synergy across channels and territories, achieving cut-through among our competitors, and increasing our share of voice online.
- Due to the 24/7 nature of social media, at times, work outside of agreed office hours will be required (for example out-of-hours crisis communications support), which will be agreed in advance wherever possible and for which time off in lieu will be given.
Community management (50%):
- Lead the delivery of Sightsavers’ Global Social Media Approach on assigned channels. Working closely with the Senior Community Manager, use organic/paid/earned tactics and creative content delivery to attract, steward and convert a global community of engaged supporters online.
- Manage assigned channels day-to-day, ensuring all planned posts are scheduled, queries/comments are dealt with efficiently and that we’re reacting to trending topics/external conversations in a timely and relevant way.
- Explore fresh opportunities for using social media internationally within both new and existing markets
- Protect and enhance Sightsavers’ reputation globally.
- Supported by the Senior Community Manager, react and respond quickly to situations that pose a reputational risk and escalate potential crises to senior team members.
- Ensure channel output is on-brand, accessible and in line with our Global Social Media Approach, ethical content guidance and storytelling principles.
- Keep channels secure in line with IT, infosec and social media policies.
- Stay up to date with channel developments and competitor trends, making recommendations for how we might use each to enhance our social media presence and achieve our channel/communications objectives.
Content production and social media strategy (50%):
- Manage the production of social media posts and identify opportunities for usergenerated social to drive conversation around our work.
- Use audience insights to offer evidence-based solutions to communications problems and proactively contribute to communications campaign planning.
- Use insights to successfully evolve individual channel strategies.
- Support staff in using social media to achieve their teams’ objectives, either directly on Sightsavers’ international profiles or indirectly on their personal profiles.
- Identify opportunities to engage new supporters, content creators and/or influencers with our work through organic, paid and earned executions.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the social media strategy to communicate one of Sightsavers’ thematic areas of work. Lead social media content production for that area as agreed with the Head of Social and Content and Stories team.
- Supported by the Senior Community Manager, contribute key results for each channel to our objectives and key result (OKR) measurements.
- The principal accountabilities are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks.
- The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Knowledge (education and related experience):
- Understanding of how social media can support communications and organisational strategies.
- Understanding of the role social media plays in the communications and marketing mix (organic, paid and earned).
- Experience in using social media to grow, steward and convert an engaged supporter or customer base.
- Ability to use learnings from social media monitoring and analysis to continually optimise social media content.
- Project or campaign management experience.
- Knowledge of national and international social media.
- Experience working with stakeholders to deliver strategic, audience-led social media communications.
- Understanding of, or experience in, international development, health and policy
- Experience in using social media internationally to grow a global audience base.
- Experience setting an agile social media strategy.
Skills (special training or competence):
- Excellent storytelling ability, with a proven track record of creative asset development, creative writing, and editorial skills, with the ability to adapt tone of voice.
- Experience in building and managing online communities and creating and managing social media campaigns using social media management, analysis and monitoring tools.
- Ability to present complex information in a form appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to work in a busy environment, manage conflicting priorities and independently manage delegated assignments.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities
- Able to manage a varied workload and work with numerous stakeholders.
- Project management and content production skills, including photo and video editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Pro or similar.
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- Fundamentals of fundraising and campaigning within the INGO/wider charity sector.
- Experience in working with account managers from third-party agencies to deliver results to an agreed brief.
- Team working and leadership.
- Communicating and influencing.
- Decision making.
- Delivery and implementation.
- Attention to detail.
- Logical thought process and a commitment to realising objectives.
- Proactive, self-motivated and solutions focused.
- Planning and organising.
- Change and improvement.
- The Social Media team serves all areas of the organisation, so it’s vital that the chosen candidate is seen as helpful and approachable by all stakeholders across all teams.
- Social Media Manager.
- Communications Managers and Communications Strategist.
- Media, Content and Stories teams.
- Digital Fundraising and Online and Design teams.
- Global Communications Ambassadors, country-level campaigners and incountry colleagues with an interest in using social media to achieve their objectives.
- Platform partners/business contacts.
- Freelancers, consultants and third-party content production agencies.
Local Terms and Conditions apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th March, 2023.
- We anticipate that remote interviews will take place mid-April and the evaluation process will include a demonstration of your previous relevant work and an oral interview.
- As an equal opportunity Employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply
- Please complete your application in English. We are particularly interested in your motivations to work with Sightsavers. We reserve the right to close this ad early.
- Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Social Media Community Manager at Sightsavers Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.