Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social and Behavioural Change Communication (SBC) Technical Assistant
Duration: May – June, 2022
- We require qualified Social and Behavioural Change Communication (SBC) experts who will develop a comprehensive SBCC strategy as part of the protocol for the implementation of IPTi Effect Study in Nigeria.
- Receive a briefing by the MC IPTi team
- Review of available scientific research and communications/ socio-behavioral theory to identify the best theoretical approach for developing the SBCC strategy
- Conduct desk review to explore the barriers impeding the uptake of, and motivators and enablers that encourage uptake of the EPI programme, as well as information needs, and attitudes about the current communication channels used for the EPI to improve understanding of gaps in current communication methods
- Meet with key stakeholders to plan the development of the SBCC approach based on identified best approach
- Lead the development of an SBCC strategy for IPTi in Nigeria targeting the low SP-IPTi coverage
- Develop an SBCC training and implementation plan (with the working group/ key stakeholders) based on the SBCC strategy to guide roll out and inform uptake of the intervention
- Develop Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials
- Provide reports on the assignment as detailed in the deliverables below
- Presentation to stakeholders on key findings and conclusions
- Submit overall report of assignment.
- Report on the desk review
- Within 5 days after the assignment completion, provide a draft report to the Staff Technical Lead for this specific assignment using the standard format provided
- Within 5 days after receipt of comments on the draft report, produce a final draft report to the Staff Technical Lead
- Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials
- Overall report of assignment
- SBCC strategy document for IPTi implementation in Nigeria
- SBCC training and implementation plan based on the SBCC strategy
- Report of consensus building meeting on SBCC strategy and plan
- On the last day of assignment, one page (bullet point) summary of findings and recommendations provided to and discussed with the Staff Technical Lead
Type of Consultant Required:
- One Senior National Consultant
Qualifications and Experience
- Post Graduate Degree in Mass Communication, Social Sciences or related fields.
- National or regional consultancy expertise with at least 10 years’ experience in developing SBCC plans
- At least 5 years of professional experience in health systems research
- Experience working on similar assignments in the past
- Familiarity with the EPI and malaria programs
- Proven experience in writing reports for public health programs or projects in Nigeria or similar developing country context
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Timeline for Activities / Total TA Days:
- Duration: May – June, 2022.
- Total TA days – 28 days.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th May, 2022 (07:59AM).
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore early applications are highly encouraged.
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above link.