Senior Technical Advisor, Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) at Corus International
Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world's most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee's specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor, Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH)
Job Type: Full Time
Level and Grade: Director | Grade 90
Reporting Manager: Deputy Technical Director, Maternal, Neonatal, Child, Immunization and Nutrition Health/MNH Lead
Department: Momentum Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR)
- We are seeking a Senior Technical Advisor, Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) to technically support the USAID funded MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR) project. MIHR works to improve access to and availability of high-quality, respectful, and person-centered maternal, newborn and child health, family planning and reproductive health (MNCH MNCH/FP/RH) services in fragile and conflict-affected settings.
- This project enhances coordination between development and humanitarian organizations and strengthens the resilience of individuals, families, and communities.
- The Senior Technical Advisor, Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) reports to the MNH Team Lead and works with other members of MIHR's technical team to provide direct, senior level technical support to multiple MIHR – MNH core activities and country programs and represents MIHR technically and organizationally at the global level.
- The technical assistance is focused on MNH, quality improvement (QI) and individual (clinical and non-clinical) capacity strengthening and will help MIHR country teams build service delivery and health provider capacity in fragile settings and in the nexus between humanitarian and development assistance.
- The Senior Advisor will also guide the capacity building of government and private sector health providers, support the introduction of quality standards and QI mechanisms, help countries translate emerging global evidence to national policies and strategies, increase preparedness for acute shocks and stresses, and support other actions that increase health system resilience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to and support the implementation of MNH-focused strategies and activities by providing technical inputs to project workplans, budgets, guidelines, training curricula, implementation tools, and reporting and M&E in compliance with the requirements and regulations of the award.
- Lead the adaptation and/or development of tools and resources, and support country teams in the implementation of MNH activities that respond to shocks and stresses (such as COVID-19) to maintain continuity and quality of services in supported countries.
- Work collaboratively with country program teams to provide senior level technical assistance and clinical and non-clinical capacity strengthening to country-level advisors, National and Sub-national level health officers, care providers and/or other target beneficiaries in MIHR-supported geographies.
- Translate/adapt global learning and emerging evidence into local, context-specific solutions to sustainably improve services including antenatal care, intrapartum care, postnatal care, psychosocial support, respectful maternal and newborn care, maternal perinatal death surveillance and response, among others.
- Contribute to the documentation of program implementation and learnings and disseminate these widely in various national and global forums.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc technical or travel reports, technical or program briefs and publications as required.
- Support preparation, organization, presentation, and documentation of meetings with USAID and other stakeholders (including technical working groups and coordination meetings) and the implementation and tracking of activities following these meetings.
- Represent MIHR in select Global MNH technical working groups and share learnings and experience from country programs.
- Provide senior level technical assistance to assisted countries for a range of activities (i.e., initial scoping and rapid assessments, program design and work planning, implementation, and monitoring) and develop appropriate strategies to respond to health service delivery and human resource challenges in fragile settings, including Francophone Africa.
- Contribute to the development and adaptation of capacity strengthening strategies, curricula and tools for human resource development related to MNH.
- Work with respective cross-cutting technical teams to contribute to the design and implementation of cross-cutting (resilience, social and behavior change, gender and youth, community health) activities at individual, household, community, system, and global levels.
- Work closely with monitoring evaluation research and learning teams at HQ and in countries to develop protocols for formative research, test indicators and tools for monitoring, analyzing and visualizing performance, and monitoring and evaluating performance and results.
- This position reports to the Deputy Technical Director, Maternal, and Neonatal, Child, Immunization and Nutrition Health/MNH Lead
- There are no direct reports.
Key Result Areas
KRAs indicate the core responsibilities, deliverables, and quality standards required for the individual to be successful in his or her role. The success of this role is measured by the following KRAs:
- Ensuring timely implementation of planned MNH and QoC/QI related core-funded activities
- Contributing to technical excellence of MIHR's MNH, QoC/QI and individual capacity strengthening programing
- Contributing to measurable improvements in the use and the quality of MNH services in MIHR supported countries.
Education & Experience
- Clinical Degree (Obstetrics, Neonatology, Nursing, or Midwifery) is required.
- Master of Public Health highly desired.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant and progressively responsible experience in international health
- Must have clinical experience in MNH with focus on EmONC, ANC and PNC across continuum of care.
- Experience in clinical training and mentoring related to MNH and QI, preferably in fragile.
- Experience in M&E with the focus on MNH data collection, analysis and report
- Experience supporting design and implementation of MNH, MCH or PHC programs at facility, community, subnational, national and/or global levels, preferably in Africa in fragile settings.
- Ability to support implementation of programs without substantial guidance/coaching.
- Ability to communicate (speaking and writing) in English and French.
- Proficiency in an additional language and ability to interact professionally in Arabic is desirable, but not required.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining productive working relationships with host country counterparts and NGO/FBO/CBO actors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well in a team and fast-paced environment and meet tight.
- Willingness to travel extensively, including travelling to unstable and non-permissive.
- Willingness to support Corus's.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skills
- Strong working knowledge of USG and other international donor funding mechanisms (including grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements) required.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity required; experience living and/or working in developing countries.
- Experience working with professional and support staff in a multicultural, multi-linguistic.
- Advanced knowledge of international maternal and neonatal health best practices
- Demonstrated experience in research and issue.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be both a team leader and a team.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment:
- The duties of the job require regular attendance of at least 5 days/week. The employee must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- This position must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. Estimated LoE for travel is 25-30%. While performing the duties of this job in different locations, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Senior Technical Advisor, Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) at Corus International
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.