Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do – believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but also critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services – from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention as well as AIDS care and treatment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below for the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE), a USAID funded project:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor, Maternal and Child Health
Requisition Number: SENIO001319
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Job Category: Technical Services
Employment type: Full Time (100%)
Reports to: The Deputy Chief of Party / Technical Director
About the Project
- The Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) is focused on accelerating the achievement of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria through the delivery of high impact HIV prevention, care and support services to populations in Nigeria most at risk of acquiring HIV.
- The goal of the project is improved HIV/AIDS/TB (HAT) outcomes of priority and key populations in underserved local government areas in Bauchi, Jigawa and Kano states.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Increase access and provision of HAT services
- Increase the quality of HAT services
- Increase health system resiliency, responsiveness, and accountability
- The Job holder will be responsible for providing technical coordination and support to all HIV-related prevention, care and treatment activities for children, pregnant and breastfeeding women including viral load scale up as well as viral suppression strategies, treatment optimization and monitoring/management of treatment failure.
- This role is also responsible for rolling out differentiated service delivery models, PMTCT and pediatric care SOPs as per the national and international standards, monitoring and documenting best practices and participating relevant technical working group meetings.
- Provide technical support to ensure quality pediatric HIV care
- Working jointly with the HTS team, support PITC and index client testing to reach all children
- Ensure timely linkage of all positive children to ART
- Conduct ongoing mapping on ARV optimization need and support facility teams to transition children to efficacious regimen (LPV/r and DTG)
- Support transition of children to adolescent care
- Provide technical support to prevent MTCT of HIV
- Ensure increased ANC uptake through demand creation and partner involvement.
- Support facilities to test and Identify HIV positive mothers and put them all on lifelong ART
- Provide technical strategy on routine and timely viral load testing for PMTCT mothers as well as viral suppression
- Ensure ART infected children are retained on ART
- Ensure all eligible children have updated viral load as per national guidelines
- Ensure viral suppression among children on ART
- Support quality implementation of pediatric DSD models including family model clinic (FMC), mother-baby pair (MBP) clinic and pediatric specific clinics
- Ensure mothers and the infants are retained in care
- Coordinate strategies for early infant diagnosis, infant prophylaxis and prompt ART for positive infants
- Capacity build facility teams to conduct and report on HEI and maternal cohort analysis
- Provide technical support towards cross-cutting issues
- Provide timely updates for the quarterly program performance review and share mitigation for underperforming areas
- Monthly reporting, feedback and data use on key pediatric indicators and PMTCT indicators
- Participate in development of strategic tools (SOPs, TORs, package of care) to guide pediatric and PMTCT programming
- Participate in National and State TWG/stakeholder meetings
- Train healthcare providers on quality pediatric and PMTCT care
- Conduct supportive supervision to supported sites
- Coordinate cervical cancer prevention activities
- Candidates should possess a Medical Degree (MBBS)
- Master of Public Health (MPH); Master of Sciences Epidemiology (MSc) or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Strong experience in providing mentorship and technical assistance in PEPFAR MNCH programs
- Self-motivated and demonstrated success in building effective programs in resource-limited settings
- At least seven (7) years of proven experience in design, implementation and coordination of HIV and TB-project in resource limited settings
- Extensive clinical experience in care of HIV infected adults, pregnant and breastfeeding women in resource limited settings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills. Proven ability to write high quality scientific/management documents
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills
Other Essential Requirement:
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Pathfinder International and among beneficiaries served by Pathfinder International
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pathfinder is committed to safeguarding and protecting the people we serve as well as our staff. We have zero tolerance for any behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, as well as our staff and partners, including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. Everyone we hire must abide by our safeguarding and related policies, including reporting suspected or known policy violations.
- By submitting an application, you acknowledge you understand you will be subjected to a variety of vetting checks intended to verify your suitability to work with us.
- Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities