Senior Supply Chain Manager at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited
Nigeria Machine Tools (NMT) was founded in 1980 to manufacture and distribute high integrity machine tools and other engineering products and spares designed to serve the project, operation and maintenance needs of a range of industries. As Nigeria’s first internationally certified producer of Oil industry standard Stud Bolts, Nuts and Flanges, NMT also produces customized castings for various industries including: construction, cement, oil and gas, manufacturing as well as for the transport industry. Included in our offerings is machining services which is ISO 9001 certified. Our surface treatment facility which comprises PTFE and powder coating as well as Hot Dip Galvanizing plants ensure products are finished to customer specifications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- A renowned Manufacturing Company is looking to hire a Senior, Supply Chain Manager. The position provides leadership and management for the procurement of engineered equipment, subcontracts, professional services, materials, and tools and supplies.
- Effect quality and timely service delivery that meets or surpass internal client’s expectations within the company’s approved policies and procedures while saving cost for the Company.
- Administration: Support the business units to implement and ensure the companies Procurement policy and process is adhered to at all times
- Buyer: Negotiate effectively with vendors to achieve a win-win that fosters a healthy relationship with our key suppliers
- Contracts Administration: Review of contract documents, Negotiate Contract Terms and Pricing, finalizing contracts etc
- Cost Savings: Audit and Review spending on production activities, attend clients’ Negotiation Meetings
- Bids and Tender Administration: Issue RFQs/ITTS for Tenders.
Major Responsibility Area
- Provide leadership to the procurement team based including mentoring, skills development, career progression, and day-to-day operational guidance.
- Manage logistics and inventory in line with Project requirements to minimize cost, increase efficiency and reduce obsolescence.
- Manage warehouse functions as necessary to optimize service to internal customers and ensure compliance with health and safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including import/export tariffs and documentation, trade compliance, customs, and revenue.
- Manage and undertake expediting activities across all third-party and inter-company supply chains.
- Management of the Facilities function including all third-party contracts to provide adequate protection.
- Promote integrity, professionalism, and adherence to the company’s ethical standards.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of supply chain activity and participate in improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Drive and ensure compliance with all regional and global policies, procedures, and quality accreditations.
- Issue Requests for Quotation (RFQs) as necessary to support project pursuit opportunities.
- Perform bid analysis and make recommendations in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Leverage global supply chain resources and knowledge to deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Manage inter-company purchases in line with corporate objectives.
- Management of other functional areas as required by the business which may include Quality, HSE et
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A good First Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower in Engineering or any other related field with a Business/Social Science background and or CIPS Membership (or any other equivalent Supply Chain Professional Body)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Supply Chain process in a structured business environment- Oil, Gas & Chemical (OGC) projects preferably
- Knowledge of equipment and materials common in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects
- Possess sound knowledge of both Exports & Imports processes
- Experience in freight shipping logistics and forwarding operations- with outsourcing nationally and international
- Consistent ability to meet and adhere to deadlines
- Result-oriented, creative, lots of initiative & drive, sound ethical values.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Entrepreneurial ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Service Orientation & Social Perceptiveness
- Organizing and Time Management
- Must have vast experience in government relations (CUSTOMS, NIMASA, NPA, NNPC, DPR etc).
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Sound Knowledge of SAP/ ERP System
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th July, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Senior Supply Chain Manager at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria