Senior Safety Engineer at a Multinational Oil and Gas Company
Maventeq Systems Limited – Our client, a multinational Oil and Gas company in Nigeria, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Safety Engineer
The incumbent is required to:
Ensure compliance to applicable local / international regulations and Company referential:
- Make input on Technical Safety documents for facilities /assets design, operation and abandonment, in conformity with Group, Industry and Statutory requirements.
- Provide Safety Engineering support on studies conducted internally and follow up Safety Engineering studies undertaken by Contractors as assigned by hierarchy.
Provide support to operated facilities:
- Undertake periodic update of facility Safety Concept.
- Review and make necessary inputs to all safety-related modifications and corresponding engineering documents to existing facilities (P&ID, ESD Logic, Fire and Gas Cause and effects charts, Active and passive firefighting, fire and gas detection, escape and evacuation route, Hazardous area classification, Safety layout, flare radiation)
- Undertake the development, review and update of Operational Safety Case in line with regulatory (NUPRC) requirement for operated sites in Nigeria.
- Lead specific Safety Engineering studies / reviews in support of Request for Modification (RFM) process and Downgraded
- Situations (DGS) – HAZOP, HAZID, BowTie Assessment etc.
- Support operational entities in Derogation preparation.
- Undertake flammable/toxic gas dispersion, fire and explosion consequence modelling using PHAST software, and interpret result for safe operation of oil and gas facilities.
- Undertake Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) assessment process and SIL assignment for Safety Instrumented Systems within oil and gas facilities in line with GS GR HSE 306.
Major Risk Management:
- Facilitate Safety and Environmental Critical Element (SECE) identification workshops and the follow up of Safety Engineering responsibilities as specified in GS GR HSE 311.
- Lead in major risk identification, develop risk reduction measures for managing technological risks, and monitor implementation in compliance with the group referential (GS GR HSE 312) for technological risk assessment (TRA).
- Support Major Risk management implementation through development of dashboard for monitoring barrier status.
- Provide process safety support to Engineering Construction & Projects (ECP), Operational / Asset Operated by Others (AOBO) entities and partners on risk management issues.
- Lead Major Risk awareness training and barrier verification exercises.
- Promote Major Risk awareness within TUCN via development of Process Safety Event articles for dissemination to operated asset.
- B.Sc Degree or equivalent in Chemical, Petroleum or related Engineering (an M.Sc. degree in Safety Engineering or similar is a plus.
- Typically, 10 years of oil and gas industry professional experience of which at least 5 years in an equivalent position as Safety & Loss Prevention Engineer.
- Good knowledge of Loss Prevention standards and procedure and major hazard legislation.
- Good knowledge of risk assessment techniques and management (HAZOP, HAZID, HAZAN, QRA) and other reviews.
- Autonomous with investigation/observation skills, effective communication and organizational capability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted
Application Deadline 9th March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Senior Safety Engineer at a Multinational Oil and Gas Company
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.