Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Reservoir Geologist
Job ID: R55106
Location: Abuja (Remote)
Category: Engineering / Technology
- Are you passionate in scientific and engineering methodologies?
- Do you enjoy motivating others to deliver successful solutions for business and customers?
- The Baker Hughes Reservoir Technical Team is made up of industry leading subsurface experts working collaboratively with internal and external clients delivering studies and innovative, integrated solutions to complex subsurface challenges in both oil, gas and energy transition fields.
- Collaborate with the best
- The role is expected to bring technical differentiation with expertise in geology and reservoir modelling throughout the field life cycle.
As a Senior Reservoir Geologist, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and executing subsurface project work for Reservoir Technical Services (RTS)
- Providing geology and geo- modelling expertise to subsurface studies in the oil, gas, and energy transition areas.
- Collaborating with other technical professionals in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Providing technical support to regional & global product lines
- Maintaining frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts
- Provide technical input to business development activities
- Demonstrating compliance to company policies, for the entire team, including HSE compliance.
- Applying existing technologies, approaches, methodologies in new combinations to design innovative workflows for solving complex problems.
- Managing complex projects and assisting with internal and external training and mentoring.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant science or engineering subject from an accredited university or college
- Demonstrate proficiency in reservoir geology and geological model building. Work both independently and as part of multi-disciplined teams.
- Have proven ability to work in integrated subsurface teams
- Demonstrate robust and reliable project management skills
- Show communication skills – written, verbal and presentation. Show advanced English level, facility with other languages
- Be self-motivated and can operate with minimal supervision
- Have 10+ years in Geomodelling / Geology experience in a wide variety of reservoir types
- Have specific expertise in the use of geomodelling applications including Petrel
- Have good interpersonal and leadership skills. Have effective problem identification and solution skills.
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- For us flexibility works both ways, we work with global customers and have annual targets, so as long as we can respond and deliver to these we can offer a lot of flexibility in this role.
- Talk to us about your desired flexible working options when you apply
Working with us:
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
- We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. However, to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law