Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry. We venture into this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Reservoir Engineer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- This role is primarily responsible for providing technical strategic solutions to the development of the company’s assets.
- This role will also perform well evaluation, play assessments, and generate reliable production forecasts for the Company.
- This role will support the team in reservoir characterization and modeling, reservoir management, performance, and surveillance to develop and execute a field development plan working with external consultants.
- Design and implement innovative solutions for depletion strategies, reservoir performance analysis and field development plans.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary team in planning and conducting field studies.
- Prepare requirements for well construction, develop well designs for new wells and provide technical assistance to drilling staff to ensure that each well is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide economic evaluation to support fast-paced development decisions and work closely with drilling, completions, and production teams.
- Develop and implement efficient reservoir engineering and organizational practices
- Study reservoir and well performance data and develop/supervise reservoir surveillanceprograms and reservoir management activities.
- Supervise and conduct comprehensive modeling and simulation studies to identify optimal well spacing, completions design, reservoir management strategies and opportunities.
- Organize and lead multi-functional peer reviews to support and improve field development design.
- Study reservoir and well performance data and develop/supervise reservoir surveillance programs and reservoir management activities.
- Monitor operating expenses to operate and maintain wells to produce the highest volumes of oil and gas at the lowest cost.
Required Qualification / Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related field. An advanced degree would be an advantage. It will reduce prerequisite work experience stated below by one year for Master’s degree and two years for PhD.
- 10 – 15 years; experience with at least 5 years in conventional reservoirs especially sandstone reservoirs in Niger Delta.
- Experience in or have a good understanding of stimulation programs design, open hole and cased hole logging capabilities, well test analysis (Pressure transient analysis and rate transient analysis), decline curve analysis, dynamic reservoir modeling, reserves classification, EUR predictions, well spacing optimization, will be required to support key development decisions.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Proficiency in the following applications is required: IHS Harmony, Kappa Workstation Suite (Saphir, Topaze minimum), ECLIPSE, Kinetix, GOHFER (DFIT Analysis capabilities), Petroleum Expert, CMG, Peep, OFM, MOSAIC, PVTsim NOVA and EOS
- A critical thinker and good problem-solving ability.
- Strong time management skills
- Report-writing abilities
- Committed to accuracy and completeness.
- Highly analytical and strong attention to detail.
- Strong managerial, delegation and negotiation skills
- Team Building and collaboration abilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th February, 2022.