uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to deliver high-quality, affordable, and accessible education to all Africans. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 4 and 12 with access to high-quality, curriculum-relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our uLesson App has been downloaded over 2 miliion times and we’ve been featured by credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Techcrunch, Quartz and Business insider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We are seeking a product-focused senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our engineering team
- As Senior QA Engineer, you will be Accountable for the overall quality of all developed software products and to ensure that they perform according to user requirements.
- Overall, you will be joining a team of 20+ members, including Product Managers, Product Designers, Frontend, Backend, Web & Mobile Engineers as well as QA engineers
- Our goal is to ship quickly and iteratively as we deliver continuous value to our customers.
- The team functions using agile methodologies and is very high on ownership and collaboration.
- Accountable for the overall quality of all developed software products and to ensure that they perform according to user requirements / specifications / expectations.
- Work closely with the software development team and product team to understand product goal.
- Responsible for defining test strategy and plans.
- Responsible for creating manual test cases and scripts to identify software defects, along with other QA artefacts.
- Write and integrate automated Mobile Application tests using Appium, Java and Jenkins.
- Schedule automated tests to run periodically, monitor test results, analyze failures and report issues.
- Responsible for giving guidance to peers or more junior members in the team in testing, business knowledge and how to communicate.
- Recommend improvements in software products to enhance user experience.
- Research and compare similar competitor products.
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements.
- Assess risks early in the production pipeline and deliver reports and recommendations on how to fix the situation to the development team.
- Responsible for executing system and / or integration testing to assess functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with other systems.
- Responsible for performing regression and sanity testing for all new releases.
- Document results of tests for the software development team
- Analyze / Review bugs / defect feedback for testing improvements.
- Identify test scenario for automation.
- Write and integrate automated REST API tests using Postman, Newman, and Jenkins.
- Write and integrate automated Web Application tests using Selenium Web Driver, Java and Jenkins.
- Work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to acquire and exchange information on QA issues, processes, and best practices.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manual and automated testing.
- Extensive working knowledge of web and mobile applications and technologies.
- A broad-based understanding of software technologies, application programming languages, application servers, web services, automated assessment tools, and manual testing techniques specific to web and mobile applications.
- Excellent understanding of API testing.
- Proficient use of Postman & Newman for REST API Testing and Automation.
- Excellent understanding of Web Application testing.
- Strong test results analysis skills and test results reporting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In depth understanding of software testing and software development processes.
- Strong project and time management skills with a track record of being able to deliver within agreed timelines.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work well within teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in application security and performance testing is an added advantage.
- Proficient use of Selenium WebDriver with Java for Web Application Test Automation.
- Excellent understanding of Mobile Application testing (Android & iOS mobile applications).
- Proficient use of Android Studio, Appium and Java for Mobile Application Testing and Automation.
- Proficient use of Version Control System: git (GitHub, Bitbucket).
- Proficient use of Jenkins for integration of automated tests with the build pipeline.
- Proficient use of SQL to interact with different RDBMS e.g., MySQL DB.
- Experience managing a team of testers
NGN900,000 – NGN1,250,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should should send their updated CV to: [email protected] telling us a bit about yourself with the Job Title as the subject of the email.