Senior Planning Engineer at Seplat Energy Plc
Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Planning Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
- The role is responsible for all functions relating to planning, scheduling, control and reporting, in order to provide sound planning advice and interpretation to PMT and other stakeholders to facilitate quality decision making and project delivery.
- Lead the planning and scheduling support required in the execution of Engineering projects and activities.
- Develop and update project planning procedures for the Engineering function.
- Develop Project Work breakdown structure (WBS) using the Primavera project planning and scheduling and tools.
- Develop and maintain up to Level 3 & 4 Primavera schedule for assigned Engineering projects and activities and provide critical path analysis.
- Advise PMT of potential risks and delays to project and its impact so that it can be mitigated.
- Develop and maintain resource loaded schedule and baseline. Provide scenarios schedule forecast. Carry out resource allocation and develop project manpower histogram.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress project report with progress curve. Facilitate and coordinate Project progress meeting with PMT and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project measurement system as well as Earn Value and Variance Analysis. Daily and weekly Monitoring physical work progress and comparing it with baseline to alert PMT.
- Evaluate the planning and scheduling information collected from Project Management Teams or Contractors, and advise Management of expectations to the plan and potential corrective action and/or impacts to the project.
- Assessing and identifying potential risks, evaluating to ensure that they are appropriately mitigated through properly implemented policies and actions, procedures, training, systems and controls.
- Develop and maintain risk-based schedule and provide risk scenarios forecast. Advise PMT of potential risks and delays to project and its impact so that it can be mitigated.
- Deliver timely, accurate and sensitive project controls information that facilitates a clear understanding of the performance of the project in relation to planned performance targets.
- Review and monitor schedule and progress submitted by contractors throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support PMT in preparation of Project slide for engagement with Management and other stakeholders.
- Technical degree
- Project Management certification is an added advantage
- Project Risk Management certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an E&P major projects environment.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Project Planning/Project Risk planning.
- Expert in the use of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project planning tool
- Strong communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Team player
- Good inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across various business processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Senior Planning Engineer at Seplat Energy Plc
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.