Senior Planning Engineer at Inner Ring Engineering and Logistics Services Limited
Inner Ring Engineering And Logistics Services Limited is an independent company that was established in 2012 with locations in Lagos and Sapele, Delta state. The company engages in the provision of skilled and unskilled manpower and also in leasing solution services to companies in all sectors, largely to the oil and gas industries
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Planning Engineer
Location: Abuja, Lagos, Rivers
- Take a lead in providing planning and scheduling support required in the execution of Engineering projects and activities.
- Developed and update project planning procedure for the Engineering function.
- Develop Project WBS (work breakdown structure) using the Primavera project planning and scheduling and tools.
- Develop and maintain up to Level 3 & 4 Primavera schedule for assigned Engineering projects and activities and provide critical path analysis.
- Advise PMT of potential risks and delays to project and its impact so that it can be mitigated.
- Develop and maintain resource loaded schedule and baseline. Provide scenarios schedule forecast. Carry out resource allocation and develop project manpower histogram.
- Prepare weekly and Monthly Progress Project report with progress curve. Facilitate and coordinate Project progress meeting with PMT and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project measurement system as well as Earn Value and Variance Analysis. Daily and weekly Monitoring physical work progress and comparing it with baseline to alert PMT.
- Deliver timely, accurate and sensitive project controls information that facilitates a clear understanding of the performance of the project in relation to planned performance targets.
- Review and monitor schedule and progress submitted by contractors throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support PMT in preparation of Project slide for engagement with Management and other stakeholders
- Evaluate the planning and scheduling information collected from Project Management Teams or Contractors, and advise Management of expectations to the plan and potential corrective action and/or impacts to the project.
- Dimensions: (Record any significant quantities on which job has some effect, e.g. budget or turnover, records processed, employees supervised, including personnel at other locations, if appropriate).
- Responsible for all aspects of Engineering project planning, scheduling, control and reporting,
- Relationship: (Who are the job holder’s most important external/internal contacts and for what purpose?)
- Internal: Engineering Design Team, Contract Engineers, Risk Planners, Project Control Lead, Planning and Cost Engineers, Project Engineers/Project Manager and Asset Team
- External: Contractor personnel.
Job Context and Challenges: (Identify the most complex or demanding aspects of the job)
- Development and regular update of Levels 3 & 4 resource loaded schedule
- Quality planning decision and analysis.
- Applying best practices in managing Project schedule and delivering planning services and support.
- Gaining the collaboration of the project teams and the procurement department to regularly provide latest schedule update information in order to maintain an effective work program.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications: (Indicate minimum knowledge and essential background qualifications necessary to perform the job competently)
- Technical graduate, membership of a professional body of Project Management desirable.
- Expert in the use of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project planning tool
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in an E&P projects environment.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in Project planning.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skill with good communication skills (written and verbal) are essential.
- Team player
- Project Management certification is an added advantage.
- Capable of dealing with all levels of management within Seplat, partners and contractor organisations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email
Application Deadline 9th March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Senior Planning Engineer at Inner Ring Engineering and Logistics Services Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.