Senior Pipelines Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Pipelines Engineer
Job Requisition ID: R88881
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the role?
- To provide pipeline engineering expertise to discipline engineering and asset teams in support of all phases of pipeline systems development and operations, including concept selection, FEED and detailed design, through construction, commissioning and start-up, operation and integrity maintenance, ensuring innovation and state of the art technology and optimisation of asset lifecyle cost. To act as Technical Authority Level 3 (TA3) for pipelines.
- Provide technical expertise, including technical review and assurance capabilities in Pipeline engineering for oil and gas projects, assets and operations. These can be onshore as well as offshore.
- Provide pipeline-engineering support for the development of detail design, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning specifications and procedures as well as optimizations for pipeline asset.
- With the aim of increasing efficiency and realizing reductions in unit technical costs and life cycle costs, identify new technologies applicable to surface pipeline operations and environment; conduct evaluation both technically and commercially, and where appreciable opportunities exist, progress and manage deployment.
- Review Contractor’s HSE and quality plans to ensure compatibility with relevant Codes, Standards and specifications.
- Identify and evaluate process hazards, develop hazardous area classification, and contribute to the development of HEMP documentation.
- Conduct the definition of the functional requirements of the pipeline system in respect of volumes, pressures, temperatures including corrosion tolerance and calculation of wall thickness, using requisite tools and based on the predicted process data.
- Conduct the specification of pipeline system operating envelopes, pressure controls and safeguarding, metering and constraints for operation of the pipeline system. Design the pipeline system for stability and strength against environmental and operational loads.
- Conduct option evaluations, and QCs on Pipeline engineering work. This includes pipeline route identification, surveys and selection to reduce environmental impact; design of emergency shutdown systems and special pipeline components, risers and tie-ins; coatings and liners and insulation/heat tracing. Carry out cost estimates for the various options.
- Ensure timely application and availability of requisite licenses and permits.
- Participate in or lead pipeline projects audits / reviews, Hazops, Hazard and QRAs during concept development, conceptual and detailed design basis. Implement recommendations of the Environmental Impact Assessments studies, in the pipeline designs and specifications.
- Contribute to maintaining contact with other pipeline engineers in Nigeria and SIEP to disseminate best practices, work practices and quality control systems.
- Contribute actively to the global Pipeline Engineering community through active participation in global fora, professional for, involvement in functional improvement plans, communities of practice and knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Collaborate, build relationships and manage interfaces between disciplines, project and asset teams and customer OUs.
- To apply up to date, fit for purpose technology, whilst ensuring compatibility with the local systems and procedures.
- To avoid stand-alone pipeline designs, and ensure integration of pipeline systems in the overall project and asset operations scope.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual Business Plans, and compile the pipeline engineering and cost estimating input into all new developments.
- Manage delegated authorities of any contracts as per applicable Contract Management Guideline with special emphasis on the HSE issues of the contractor.
- Prepare and issue progress reviews and financial performance reports as required.
- Participate in mentoring scheme for young graduates.
- Develop own skills and competence in line with changing business needs and technical advances in the discipline. Evaluate and capture new knowledge and learning.
- Ageing onshore and offshore Pipeline Infrastructure, many difficult to inspect, which requires a structured life extension and replacement programme and innovative solutions technically and commercially.
What we need from you?
- Minimum of University Degree (B.Sc or B.Eng) in Mechanical, Civil/Structural or Materials Engineering (or related Engineering discipline) with a minimum of 10 years experience, of which at least 5 years in pipeline project engineering and front-end engineering design.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of pipeline-engineering systems, tools and practices, and a thorough understanding of project economics.
- Well-developed communications skills (i.e. report writing, presentation) are essential.
- NSE membership/COREN registered.
- Must have a knowledge in: Site and Route Characterization, Concept Development, Fabrication and Construction Asset Integrity Management, Pipeline Flow Assurance, Pipeline System Design, Pipeline Project Execution
- Must have a skill in: Pipeline Materials, Pipeline Mechanical Design, Pipeline Operations and Maintenance, Pipeline integrity Assurance and life Extension
- TA3 Certified / TA3 Ready.
- Familiar with DCAF, DEP, International pipeline Codes & Standards, Systems Engineering & Requirement Management.
- Good interpersonal, leadership and negotiating skills.
- Basis for Design
- Materials Selection
- Advanced Pipeline Design and Analysis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Senior Pipelines Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria