Savannah Energy is a young, high growth, highly ambitious energy company. We are focused on operating in countries where we can make a difference to local communities, where we can play a strategic role in the energy sector and where we can make a positive impact on the socio-economic development of the country.
Our vision is to create a best in class African-focused energy company that we and our stakeholders are proud of. Our five core values of Sustainability, Excellence, Entrepreneurialism, Integrity and Teamwork define the essence of Savannah and underpin our corporate culture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Mechanical and Piping Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full time
Objective / Purpose of Job
- Oversee and perform advanced level professional mechanical/piping/pipeline engineering work from projects conceptualization, design, construction and commissioning, to supporting operations and maintenance on all Company facilities.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver on all engineering and capital projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate the mechanical/piping/pipeline design process to deliver timely design solutions and support the other functions in the Organization.
- Review mechanical/piping/pipeline design deliverables from contractors to ensure correctness and completeness in line with industry best practice.
- Provide project management support to ensure contractors’ compliance with projects’ specifications, scope, quality requirements, time, and budget parameters.
- Obtain and maintain an overall understanding of the technological advancements and related technical issues and set professional and technical guidelines for all mechanical/piping/pipeline engineering tasks by researching professional publications, establishing / maintaining professional networks.
- Assist in field engineering and inspection of all engineering works related to static and rotating equipment, piping and pipeline installation projects.
- Provide adequate support in ensuring that the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) objectives of the organization are met throughout all phases of projects and operations.
- Respond to sensitive issues in the facilities as they arise, preparing professional reports which can be relied on for resolution of issues.
- Provide relevant engineering input to Engineers in other discipline to ensure that design outputs are consistent.
- Active participation in relevant technical reviews (such as Design Reviews, HAZOP, 3D Model, Constructability, etc.), tests (FAT, SAT, etc.) and Inspections.
- Assist in the development and completion of mechanical/piping/pipeline check sheets and checklists for mechanical completions, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Ensure preparation of detailed scope of work, purchase specifications, purchase requisition, technical assessment documents and evaluation of bidders’ submissions.
- Review and approve mechanical equipment vendors’ technical proposals, drawings, operating and maintenance manuals etc.
- Coordinate site survey visits (pre and post bid) to various facilities for review of project scopes and taking of measurements.
- Manage contractors and other resources required in order to keep pace with fluctuating workstreams and meeting tight schedules.
- Identify work to be contracted out and effectively manage the contracting process
Job & Main Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Be a Chartered Engineer with a relevant professional body.
- Strong project and construction management skills including fabrication and installation of equipment, piping, pipeline and facilities works and contract administration.
- A team player with excellent analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant national and international regulations, specifications, codes and standards.
- Be self-motivated, comfortable leading, and eager to take ownership of issues.
- Ability to distil problems, establish evidence-based facts, determine accurate conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Proficient in the use of software such as MS Office Packages, AutoCAD and modelling & analysis tools including PDMS and Caesar Software.
- Strong design consultancy experience in the oil/gas and construction industries.
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in static and rotating equipment selection and design, as well as in piping/pipeline design.
- Capable of working autonomously and leading a mechanical / piping / pipeline team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply