Senior Management Accountant at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients' projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Management Accountant
Employment Type: Full time
- The Senior Management Accountant supports management planning and decision making by providing analysis and reporting on key financial information emanating from business operations, cashflow, income, and expenses.
- The role also supports cost and revenue optimization by generating and monitoring forecasts, budgets, and risk analysis.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Improve the company’s accounting operations, especially the control systems, transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports on the company’s assets, financial performance, liquidity and main risks.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure timely preparation and review of financial accounts.
- Prepare timely, regular management accounts for the company.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).
- Forecast cash flow positions and available funds for investment.
- Ensure sufficiency of funds to meet operational and capital investment requirements.
- Maintain relationship with company bankers.
- Maintain payment relationship with the suppliers.
Internal Control & Audit Management:
- Prepare Management Accounts for financial audit exercise.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audit.
- Review the internal control processes including financial controls for likely submission to external auditors, upon request.
- Conduct and direct audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Prepare Trial Balance with lead schedules for the control account balances for audit purposes.
- Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls, and timeliness of documentation generation.
- Liaise with external auditors for the Prepare By Client (PBC) checklist and provide authorized feedback as necessary.
- Attend to auditors queries and complaints for immediate resolutions.
- Update the GL/Control Accounts with the approved audit adjustment journals.
Management of Taxes and Statutory Contributions:
- Advise on best practice for tax planning with appropriate tax rates full compliance and prevention of sanctions.
- Obtain information on taxes and statutory contributions from relevant designated authorities to update the internal business processes.
- Advise with approved memo for taxes payable.
- Ensure timely filing of tax returns (WHT & VAT) with all relevant authorities to avoid penalties and fines.
- Develop a robust policy on tax compliance, deductions, remittances and reporting.
- Compute accurate taxes (CIT, EDT, WHT, VAT) based on standard rates and basis.
- Candidates should possess an HND / Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting, treasury operations or corporate finance
- Audit experience with the big four is an added advantage.
- Salary: N8,000,000 – N11,000,000 Annually.
- Statutory obligations (Pension, HMO, Group Life)
- 13th Month
- Leave Allowance
- Bonus based on Company’s Performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Senior Management Accountant at WTS Energy
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.