We are an indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with, and affected by HIV.
We need dynamic, highly skilled and passionate persons to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the capacity below:
Job Title: Senior Health Informatics Officer
- The incumbent will lead the formulation of strategies and governance associated with databases and database management.
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing/upgrading them to new and emerging database technologies. Lead the development and management of multiple medium sized database administration and operation functions. Formulate and implement security and access measures/policy to safeguard access to CIHP databases and applications according to approved security policy and procedures.
- Lead the development of system to ensure accountability, confidentiality, integrity and availability of data assets and database services for CIHP program.
- Lead development and management of framework for reporting into the National data repository.
- Lead and manage the reporting and use of all database platforms including NOMIS, PWIS, NGQUAL and MERAGG.
- Ensure reporting of EMR outcome into the National Data Repository (NDR) across all supported public and private health facilities
- Serve as the primary subject matter advisor on database related matters for CIHP.
- Lead the design, development, deployment and implementation of CIHP database services and management.
- Establish functional policies, standards and procedures for clinical databases and applications including system SOPs and data standardization approaches to ensure consistent delivery and data integrity.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the design, adaptation, and maintenance of CIHP’s Central Data Repository (CDR).
- Provide support to all program staff at state and central offices to utilize the databases for program implementation monitoring and program results dissemination.
- Troubleshoots HI and EMR challenges, and institute follow up mechanisms for best resolutions
- Provide support for the deployment and implementation of the LIM – EMR integration, as well as trainings for utilizing LIM module for reporting in the EMR.
- Support the utilization of the commodity management module on the EMR across all supported sites.Vacancy Announcement.
- Coordinate and facilitate training on use of data management and analysis tools, including visualization dashboards, mobile applications, and MS Office products to team members
- Coordinate and review data collected and reported to locate and fix problems with data entry errors, integrity, and concurrence.
- Provides oversight for all HI activities at all CIHP supported locations
Qualifications & Experience
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree Computer science, Computer Engineering, Medicine, Information technology or related field.
- A Masters in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Information Technology, Management or related field will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure cooperatively as a member of a bigger data driven team
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amount of information.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good and functional Managerial skills.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience Local or International NGOs; preferably in HIV Care and treatment.
- Experience with use, deployment and EMR systems management.
- Knowledge of Java, C#, or other programming language a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and run database queries.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Submit their current CV and suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME. e.g. “COM01 Abuja, AMAKA JOHN”.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received
Application Deadline 17th January, 2022.