Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity; to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria, then apply.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Clinical Services Officer, TB / HIV / QI
Job Code: CSU 0041
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Grant Duration: Ends September 30, 2022.
- The Incumbent will provide support in developing and managing health programs that maximize development results and impact.
- The successful candidate will be a key member of the state team management group and will assist in the implementation of HIV/AIDS treatment and other health programs in Lagos.
- He/she will provide technical support to supported facilities in establishing protocols for implementation of quality assurance (QA) and quality improvement (QI) initiatives across supported facilities in line with GoN and PEPFAR recommended guidelines and standard of care.
- The incumbent will have strong competences and experience in implementation of TB/ HIV collaborative activities, strong understanding of the WHO recommended 3 I’s approach to TB programming.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage technical services essential to the functioning and effective implementation of the TB/HIV collaborative programs across commands and supported facilities
- Support capacity building of staff and health facilities/ KP OSS/ CBO QI teams in the use QI methodologies for process problem identification, investigation, solutions prioritization, implementation and measurements
- Coordinate regular conduct and implementation of facility/ KP OSS/ CBO QI team activities: meetings, review of program data, clinical and systems process reviews, use of PDSA cycles to implement small tests of change and scaling of successful change ideas
- Facilitate incorporation of client perspectives and feedback in program implementation through conduct of periodic patient satisfaction surveys in liaison with the Strategic Information team
- Coordinate and lead development and distribution of program materials such as clinical guidelines, protocols, algorithms, drug formularies and SOPs
- Coordinate sub and direct support management to ensure implementation of budgeted activities and application of performance-based funding of supported facilities and CBOs
- Develop and share program progress reports for TB/ HIV collaboration and QA/ QI initiatives
- Lead advocacy to and engagement with key state and LGA level TB stakeholders in Lagos to enhance implementation program activities and optimize project outputs
- Provide technical support to satellite command teams and health facilities in establishing protocols for TB/HIV treatment and related services that are consistent with national guidelines.
- Facilitate capacity building of health providers across supported facilities to improve capabilities in technical planning, management and evaluation of clinical issues related to TB/HIV Treatment programs.
- Serves as a resource to the organization in the evaluation of ongoing programs and in subsequent development of new and/or expanded programs for the treatment of TB/ HIV and other health interventions
- Provide technical oversight to the satellite commands in the implementation of periodic QA initiatives including but not limited to application of the PEPFAR SIMS checklists, collation of scores, development and implementation of remediation plans
- Perform any other tasks assigned by supervisor or designee.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Public Health or a related field; or a Master or equivalent in public health or related fields residency in internal medicine
- Leadership and cross learning capacity
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion.
- Committing to a course of action without undue delay or prevarication
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of principal donors, including USAID, EC, DFID, CDC/PEPFAR, and others
- Extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of HIV/AIDS patients
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit sector in a program management role
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Analytical Thinking & Conceptualization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Submit their current CV and suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME. e.g. “Senior Clinical Services Officer, TB / HIV / QI – CODE: CSU 0041 Lagos, CLEMENTINA OGBEH”.
Application Deadline 13th May, 2022.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated, if suitable applications are received.