Senior Accountant at Konga
Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian e-commerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 35 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express, Konga Health, Konga Food, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Senior
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- We are currently looking for a talented person with a passion for the e-commerce space to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
- The occupant of this role should have the capacity to prepare financial reports, perform account reconciliations, maintain the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assist with audit preparations, analyzes various transactions and prepares monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements.
Expected Key Results
- Maintain Strategic Leadership within Key Accounts
- Develop and maintain strategic long-term trusting relationships to accomplish organic growth and long-term company objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies and ensure that coherent and consistent strategies are employed in all serving and/or maintenance transactions and relationships.
- Maintain data and information relevant to key accounts for the purpose of conducting analyses that influence account- specific decision making.
- Maintain, deliver and present forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions within the Account.
- Maintain good public relations with current and prospective customers within the Accounts.
- Interact with key decision makers, Initiate and bring forward strategic engagement plans to retain and grow the business within key accounts.
- Develop and implement effective account strategies including relationship mapping, management of opportunity pipeline and generation of service offerings.
Qualification and Requirements
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant with a minimum of six (6) years of accounting experience in audit firms or firms in the financial service industry.
- A qualified accountant (ACCA, ICAN).
- Be an effective team player with a positive attitude.
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better.
- Have good analytical and numerical skills.
- Need for enthusiasm and interest in the role i.e. accounting, reporting, and cost control.
- Ability to work without supervision and to tight deadlines.
- Good analytical skills, high level of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Nigerian Tax laws.
- Strong knowledge of the concept of accruals/prepayments.
- Strong Knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS), and an understanding of double entries.
- Have advanced Microsoft Excel Skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning.
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Monthly journal entries for fixed assets register amortization to be posted into the P&L and ensuring its physical location for compliance
- Ensuring that the company is aligned on company tax on monthly basis based on the selfassessment made at the beginning of the year.
- Ensuring that all accruals made in the accounts are paid or reversed at the end of the final year after seeking approval.
- Allocate all related landed cost to every single machine or parts to ensure correct gross profit after each sales.
- Update the stock situation on a monthly basis to ensure that the physical stock counts aligns with what is in the accounts.
- Ensures all accountants reports, submit payments on a monthly basis to avoid penalties and sanctions
- Ensure that every posting or journal posted into the accounts has a supportive documentation and approved for audit trails.
- On a yearly basis review the final draft accounts with the external auditor to ensure classification and presentation of accounts conforms to Ghana accounting standard and finally make sure that the self-assessment projected at the beginning of the year is aligned for company tax purposes.
- On a monthly basis review the month’s accounts and ensures all transactions are captured for that month and no transaction is posted when the month is closed.
Why work with Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the ecommerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast-growing businesses.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Word Doc CV containing their LinkedIn address link to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 13th March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Senior Accountant at Konga
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.