Sectional Engineer at Lafarge Africa Plc
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sectional Engineer
Requisition ID: 659
Location: Opebi – Ikeja, Lagos
- Within the framework of the plant’s objectives assigned by the Mechanical Manager, the role holder job assignment is to optimize the maintenance and repair activities on all plants and equipment within his area of coverage in order to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare Maintenance Program, Organize and Supervise Maintenance Work carried out on all plants and equipment, including their auxiliaries.
- Prepare Daily and Monthly maintenance reports on plants and equipment in his section.
- Implements Mechanical Procedures
- Implement Holcim quality, safety, health and environmental policy in area of responsibility.
- Carry out Scheduling, Planning of works (including resources) and execute jobs.
- Manage his team by:
- Defining Tasks and Objectives and annually carry out their Performance Reviews;
- Ensuring Quality Work ;
- Ensuring good working relationship with and between his work force;
- Motivating his team and ensure good level of disciplines.
- Implement Training Plan for Improving Personnel Skills.
- Contribute to Preparation and Work within the Departmental Budget.
- Facilitate communications and relationship by:
- Attending Departmental Meetings;
- Attending Plant/Departmental Safety Meetings:
- Conveying Management Policies/Departmental Decisions to the subordinates and give feedbacks;
- Communicating results to the Mechanical Manager.
- Updates himself of general Cement Plant and Engineering Practices.
Education & Experience
- First Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-years relevant experience preferably in a cement industry.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of practical mechanical operations and application
- Knowledge of engineering codes and standards
- Good knowledge of safety rules applied to maintenance of Dust Control Equipment and other Equipment around the cement Plant
- Hands-on experience
- Good knowledge of cement manufacturing processes and products
- Predictive and preventive maintenance
- Experience in the implementation of quality and environmental management systems like ISO 9001:2000, EMS – ISO 14001
- Micro data processing (Word, Excel, Power Point, AutoCAD,).
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Good level of self confidence and control
- Good sense of judgement
- Eager to learn and apply
- Good level of order and cleanliness.
- Team leadership
- Good level of communication and innovation
- Sense of organization and delegation
- Good initiative and sense of anticipation
- Analytical mind and logical approach to problem solving
- Performance oriented
- Decision-making capacity /Self confidence
- Ability to influence, develop and/or motivate people to the achievement of jobs objectives
- Time management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Sectional Engineer at Lafarge Africa Plc
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.