Secretary in a Federal Government Agency based in Abuja
A Federal Government agency based in Abuja is recruiting a highly skilled, experienced candidate to join the organisation in the capacity below:
Job Title: Secretary
The Secretary shall be responsible to the following functions:
- Shall report to the board
- Shall be the Chief Executive Officer
- Enterprising and manage the business ventures of the organisation profitably with the aim of generating funds to support government subventions and set the organisation on the path of financial independence
- Coordinate the activities of the Divisions and the Units
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Board
- Advised the board on matters concerning the govemment
- Work assiduously to increase the credibility and visibility of the organisation
- As head of the Secretariat, the Secretary should demonstrate skill in administration and management of people and be a good team player.
- Shall be the head of the organisation and be responsible for the day to day running of the Secretariat.
- Liaise with the Chairman and members of the Board.
- Execute the decisions of the Board
- This is a tenure appointment.
- Non-pensionable, subject to the pension administration act
- For one 3-year team, renewable only once at the discretion of the Board.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Should possess a Bachelor's Degree
- Should possess a higher degree, preferably Ph.D, professional qualification or membership of professional association will offer some advantage
- Should possess 20 years' experience preferably in Human Resources (HR) in a reputable company or public sector.
- Should have strong, confident and honest personality
- Must possess Proficiency in computer systems including
- Micro Office Suite
- Office Management Systems
- Cloud system.
- Should have served as HR Manager or Director in private sector or public sector or University
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Display enough administrative experience
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and adhere to the organisation objectives
- Display willingness to report to the board
- Note that he/she is not a member of the Board, as sometimes interpreted
- Be nonpartisan-religious or tribal.
Grade level 17.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Unsuitable applications would not be contacted for interview
Application Deadline 31st March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Secretary in a Federal Government Agency based in Abuja
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.