SCOPE Officer at Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative (DHCBI)
Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative (DHCBI) is a Humanitarian Non-Governmental Organization, founded in 2014 and incorporated with the Nigerian Government (Corporate Affairs Commission) in 2015 (CAC/IT/No 83231) to provide humanitarian assistance, in terms of emergency and Capacity building, social development and empowerment to eradication poverty and the fear of want. It has since its inception, been strategizing, collaborating, and interfacing with relevant stakeholders toward enhancing the individual’s ability to break free from poverty or bounce back in times of crisis.
Our society has over the years been bedeviled by insecurity, poverty, illiteracy, disease, hunger, malnutrition, lack of access to clean, water bad sanitation, human rights abuses environmental degradation as well a lack of economic opportunities, making it possible for the humanitarian crisis to thrive. DHCBI, therefore, has tailored its humanitarian services to building or restoring the capacity of individuals and communities towards rapid and quick recovery by supporting livelihoods and sustainable basic services through some articulated programs.
We are recruiting a qualified personnel to fill the position below:
Job Title: SCOPE Officer
Location: Damboa / Askira Uba – Borno
Job type: Contract
Contract Duration: 10 Months
Working Condition: 70% Field Location
General Description and Job Brief
- The SCOPE Officer will have overall responsibility for the implementation of all SCOPE registration activities in camp and host communities as well as supporting the Nutrition, GFD and M& E officers in other related activities.
- He/she will help in ensuring that all proposed objectives and targets concerning the registration of beneficiaries, GFD and nutrition are achieved effectively.
- The Officer will directly responsible for overseeing the registration of beneficiaries on the SCOPE platform and ensuring that the registration is implemented according to the standards and best practices.
- Facilitate and supervise the SCOPE registration team and provides appropriate guidance and oversight as they conduct daily field activities.
- Total management of the SCOPE/ digital registration equipment, materials and data.
- Manages the SCOPE /digital registration data, and progress report of the e-registration activities to enhance smooth distribution exercise.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with all stakeholders – IDPs, Community support groups, community leaders, and NGOs, to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
- Participates actively in the monitoring of the project in collaboration with the M&E Officer with specific attention on the efficiency of the nutrition, GFD and IGAs implementation etc.
- Facilitates the training of Scope project staff on the Scope online/offline system focusing on efficient planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Manages shared e-registration-related complaints in accordance with WFP guidelines (where necessary).
- Liaises closely with WFP SCOPE Unit/Office regarding SCOPE implementation and related issues.
- Actively participates along with other project officers in coordination meetings, if requested.
- Develop lines of communication and close collaboration with WFP, team members, and other stakeholders as well as contribute to a coordinated humanitarian response.
- Participate in regular internal and external meetings for the program at Camp, Host Community, LGA and state levels as necessary when necessary.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all field staff and service departments.
- Liaise with the Logistics to ensure that SCOPE items are transported in good time and are available in a timely manner.
- Complete and keep records of the necessary paperwork
- Produce SCOPE updates to WFP and FSL PM.
- Contribute to program weekly/monthly reports including plans and facilitation of community awareness sessions on SCOPE registration.
- Support and coordinate with the M&E Officers for registration activities.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the FSL Manager.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within DHCBI and amongst beneficiaries.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout DHCBI. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of WFP and DHCBI compliance and ethics standards as well as adhering to those standards. Conduct work with the highest level of integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Programming / Sciences / Engineering or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Nutrition, Agriculture or other relevant discipline and evidence of NYSC discharge certificate
- Highly computer literacy (ability to adapt software packages to contexts)
- Experience as a SCOPE registration officer with other partners
- Very good interpersonal skills, particularly in networking, and working with communities, local civil society and local authorities.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation.
- Fluent in English, Hausa and other local languages.
- Experience in working in north-eastern Nigeria, preferably Borno State.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action, and to DHCBI’s mission, values and policies
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Previous experience in using and adapting community-led approaches.
- Good understanding and knowledge in the application of do-no-harm, conflict sensitivity principles and DHCBI standards and ethics for protection work.
- Good understanding of protection concerns, including GBV issues in displacement, human rights, and international humanitarian law.
- Minimum 3 years of Banking Sector experience working on ATM machines or 3 years experience in the NGO Sector of which 2 years should be working in SCOPE Registration/ e-registration programming / or project implementation in a humanitarian context;
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Capacity and willingness to base at DHCBI field locations.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for beneficiaries.
- Knowledge and experience with community outreach and mobilization.
- Positive and professional attitude, including the ability to lead and work well in a team setting.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports the values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, and children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, race, colour, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 13th March, 2023.
- DHCBI do not solicit fee from interested jobseekers. Please note that DHCBI will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- DHCBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DHCBI considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, colour, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: SCOPE Officer at Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative (DHCBI)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.