Starsight Energy provides premier clean on-grid and off-grid energy services to commercial and industrial clients in Africa. We make clean energy a smart bottom-line decision for clients by eliminating all up-front costs. Clients pay an all-inclusive monthly fee for end-to-end service. We’re big believers in technology and innovation. We invest in the latest smart technology and use our copious data sets to help clients reduce their energy consumption and cut costs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- Responsible for contract negotiations, closing the sale and developing marketing plans for contract accounts.
- Responsible for the planning of sales exhibits and trade shows.
- Meeting sales targets
- Promoting new products and services
- Advising customers about delivery schedules and after-sales service
- Giving feedback on sales and market trends
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining new accounts.
- Coordinates and assists in leading sales meetings to include site selection and agenda preparation.
- Establish, review and update customer segment penetration/retention strategies.
- High level presentations to clients
- Quarterly visits to regional locations
- Making appointments with and meeting new customers
- Project Viability Assessment
- Agreeing sales, prices, contracts and payments
- Answers questions and customers complaints and directs/escalates to relevant parties.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Sales reps with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree .
- At least 5+ years’ experience in a sales and business development role (preferred)in related industry
- Experienced in Business Development, Sales, Product Management, Sales Training, Marketing, Advertising, Purchasing and Operations Management serving Power Generation, Real Estate Markets and Financial Institutions would have an advantage.
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel & Outlook) Experience (beneficial)
- Candidates who are currently undertaking or have completed Professional exams
- Customer / Client Focus.
- Demonstrates an elevated level of oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage the flow of people and business, liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders regarding sensitive and confidential matters, and maintain effective working relationships in a high-volume environment.
- Performance Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Possesses a strong work ethic, as well as exceptional writing, editing, and research skills.
- Demonstrated success in defining, managing, and delivering substantial sales growth across highly competitive markets. Leverage a unique blend of abilities in developing cost benefit analysis, closing contracts and presenting solutions to illustrate clear, incontestable value, and successful outcomes for clients.
- Ability to rapidly driving revenue utilizing exceptional sales, marketing, and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to recognize / optimize new markets and build strong relationships with major accounts.
- Ability to contribute in a professional and collaborative way to a team.
- Knowledge of contemporary IT including word processing, email, spreadsheet, database and similar disciplines.
- Results Driven.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Demonstrate a prominent level of confidentiality, tact, discretion, initiative and sound judgement
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to determine priorities, meet regular deadlines and take/follow up action
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st October, 2021.