Techno Oil Limited is an integrated, wholly indigenous company which today holds a diverse portfolio of prime investment in oil and gas, energy, infrastructure and manufacturing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
- An experienced Safety Officer who will monitor and prevent workplace safety hazards through routine inspections and training, accurate and up-to-date documentation of policies, procedures and data and investigations into accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions.
- Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operation
- Inspecting operational equipment and processes to ensure safety
- Creating safety plans that include improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
- Liaising with law enforcement and investigators who are present at the time of a major accidents
- Meeting and exceeding company’s health and safety goals
- Continuously review existing plans and practices, and advice management on required corrective actions to ensure generative and effective Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental(QHSE) system is achieved
- Develop risk based operational Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental(QHSE) manuals, plans and procedures to achieve company’s objectives and sustainable competiveness
- Ensure company’s business management system is effective and complies with Nigerian statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all accidents are well documented and report submitted to the management, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Perform all tasks/activities relevant to the company, assigned by the management as required.
- B.Sc / BA / HND in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field
- Proven experience of 3 to 5 years in the oil and gas industry
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting
- Working knowledge of safety management information systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Professional Certificates in occupational health and safety is an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing health and safety policies
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.