Safety Officer at EL-ALAN Construction Company Nigeria Limited
El-Alan Construction Company was founded in April 1982 as a private limited liability company and today is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic construction and civil engineering companies in Nigeria. For over three decades El-Alan has delivered high quality integrated construction solutions. Our success and reputation today are built on the consistent delivery of quality, speed, efficiency and overall client satisfaction.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure zero Loss Time Accident and fatality by professionally implementing company HSE policy, procedures and rules on site for employees, sub-contractors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to by all personnel on site and are communicated when reviewed.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and construction site operations.
- Ensure that Health and Safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Participate in the development of health & safety policies, safe systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate Health & Safety and trainings (internal and external) records are kept and maintained.
- Liaise with clients and subcontractors Health & Safety representative in resolving health and safety issues on the project site.
- Advise Site/Project Manager on Health and Safety matters.
- Participate in preparation and implementation of Project Health and Safety Plan.
- Conduct Project Site Health and Safety Induction for all personnel on site.
- Ensure that Risk Assessment and Method Statement, Safety Data Sheet, Job Hazard Analysis are communicated and documented to all concerned personnel before commencement of any hazardous task or operation.
- Facilitate all incidents investigations and ensure they are reported and recommended Corrective Actions Plan (CAP) for improvements are implemented.
- Carry out Permit-To-Work monitoring and review.
- First Degree or equivalent in any discipline, NEBOSH IGC or Certificate in Construction Health and Safety.
- Must be a member of ISPON. Membership of other professional health and safety body will be an added advantage.
- 7 to 10 years experience as a Safety Officer preferably in construction environment.
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, email.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 23rd June, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Safety Officer at EL-ALAN Construction Company Nigeria Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria