Risk & Compliance Officer at Nestle Nigeria Plc
Nestle Nigeria Plc – As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People's lives, everywhere, every day. Infact enhancing lives will influence everything we do together.
A presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk & Compliance Officer
Location: Head Office (Ilupeju, Lagos)
Position Type: Full-Time
- Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to improve the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
- We are currently looking to hire a Risk & Compliance Officer whose responsibilities include to ensure that the Pension and Gratuity Funds are properly managed to achieve optimum returns to Retirement Account Holders, while ensuring the safety of the Funds.
- Identify, determine, assess and prioritize quantitative and qualitative values of risks that are likely to affect investment of the Funds, with the aim to ascertain the impacts of such risks, followed by coordinated and economical application of resources, to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of such risks, so as to maximize returns on investments and guarantee the safety of Funds Assets; as well as strict compliance with Pension Reform Act 2014 and relevant Rules and Guidelines (as amended) of National Pension Commission (PENCOM).
A day in the life of a Risk & Compliance Officer:
- Adherence to the rules and regulations: making sure that the system is effective and efficient through ensuring adherence to rules and regulations as stipulated in the Pension Reform Act, 2014, and the circulars and guidelines issued by the National Pension Commission.
- Implementation of new rules and guidelines: responsible for monitoring and testing new compliance technologies and procedures such as intelligent transaction monitoring systems, etc. and continuously monitor and ensure implementation of regulations, codes, rules and guidelines, as may be issued from time to time, internally and externally by the Commission.
- Process and operational control: ensure that all investments and other operational transactions comply with all relevant legislations, regulations, and policies through appropriate control systems to minimize and mitigate risks.
- Single Point of Contact: ensure smooth relationship between Pension commission and the Nestle CPFA thereby removing any form of friction between the parties
- Advisory role: advise Management on compliance issues and keep them informed on developments in this area.
- Risk Report: Prepare monthly and Quarterly Risk Reports that addresses (the potential, actual or residual risks) for the internal and Pension Commission use. The report should address risks both in quantitative and qualitative terms.
- Risk Measurement: responsible for considering ways of measuring compliance risk (i.e. using performance indicators) and the use of such measurements to enhance compliance risk assessment. Design the Enterprise Risk Management which will underscore the organization principles, culture, and practices.
What Will Make You Successful?
- A minimum educational qualification of First Degree or its equivalent or professional qualification in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Auditing, Finance, Economics, Commerce, Law, or in any other numerate or semi numerate field.
- Must be a Qualified Professional eg: ACCA, ICAN
- Sound financial experience to help drive strong Funds Accounting and reporting, good investment knowledge to assist in driving good returns, strong analytical skills to development and implement appropriate Risk Management system.
- Strong ability to analyse market dynamics, investment portfolios and trends to identify related risk, propose and implement strategies to always address identified risks.
- Relevant business experience in financial reporting or controlling.
- Excellent Networking skills to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people
- Minimum Relevant Work Experience: 3+ years relevant experience in the field
- Possesses good understanding of financial records and relevant regulatory requirements
- Thorough understanding of the dynamics of Capital markets, Money & Fixed Income markets.
- Solid knowledge of financial information systems with analytical mind sound computer skills.
- Strong knowledge of Pension Reform Act 2014 and relevant regulations and policies
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th February, 2023.
- Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer, seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment.
- All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, age, religion, nationality, disability or perceived disability, medical condition, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
- We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Risk & Compliance Officer at Nestle Nigeria Plc
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.