Nigerian Breweries Plc is proudly the pioneer and largest brewing Company in Nigeria. Our Vision is to be the leading beverage company nationwide, marketing high quality brands to deliver superior customer satisfaction in an environmentally friendly way! The Digital & Technology Function is part of the engine that runs this journey, bringing modern technology, digital solutions & data insights that enable our customers connect and grow. What makes us great? It’s our people! A life with Nigeria Breweries Plc provides an enabling environment to grow your career in line with your aspirations. Come join the team!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Revenue Analyst
- RM is a holistic approach to support Category Revenue Growth agenda in a competitive and profitable way. Holistic RM spreads across 5 pillars, Brand Strategic Pricing, Pack Price Architecture, Mix Management, Promotional and Trade Terms Mgmt.
- Prepare disciplined analytics and insights (combining internal and external data, financial and non-financial) per Pillar and communicate / present.
- Build and update Excel / PBI based platforms and tools to support key stakeholders.
- Continuously communicate and drive RM insights into execution focusing on improving Revenue/HL and FGP
- Updating and keep track of the RM Data Governance, which covers all Data used by the RM team for analyses
- Conduct quarterly pricing review to identify potential RM benefits (based on RM analytics, market intelligence, etc) and set guardrails on channel / customer pricing, promo, trade terms, and mix execution, e.g.: Brand Portfolio Pricing & Pack-Price Architecture: Set optimum brand price indexes, conduct Channel Pack Price Architecture white space analytics and recommend new pack launches, translate optimal brand index to SKU list price and recommended shelf price, set net 2 and 3 price guardrails and monitor consumer and net price realization by SKU/channel/account
- Discounts & Trade Terms: Identify profit pool opportunities and defensibility risks, set Trade Term framework and guardrails; support TT negotiations on how to improve SMART conditionality
- Responsible for setting and continuous tracking of RM objectives within OpCo business strategy, e.g.
- Track & monitor RM performance throughout the year vs targets/guardrails
- Escalate out-of-guardrail pricing, promo or trade terms for sign-off
- Mix: Analyse current mix performance, identify mix opportunities, support prioritization of SKU mix based on profitability-potential analytics, help set SKU mix allocation and track execution
- Promotions: Continuously track promo performance (uplift, ROI) using promo analytics tool and set mandatory promo guardrails by channel, account, brand, pack type
Drive Continuous RM improvement Cycle:
- Conduct annual RM assessment; define and execute resulting RM agenda for coming year
- Train relevant functions with OpCo on RM topics/tools
- Drive continuous improvement of RM content & processes within the OpCo
Support other functions within the OpCo on RM topics & processes , e.g.:
- Support Finance on allocation of resources/funding by accounts, brands and pack types and help Finance set RM targets based on collective insights and recommendations
- Support innovation agenda with RM market insights (on pricing / positioning / white spaces)
- Manage interaction and collaboration between different functions/roles on RM topics
- Support Sales with development of account plans and promo calendar within RM guardrails
- Support Marketing with setting optimal brand / portfolio pricing (e.g. based on elasticities)
- BSc Economics, BSc Engineering (along with a Finance qualification ie CFA, ACCA etc) BSc. Finance & BSc. Econometrics with a 2nd class Upper or 2nd Class lower with a Master’s Degree
- Professional certifications is an added advantage
Experience / Skills Required:
- 4-5 years of Commercial & Analytics experience in any company.
- Strong strategic analytical skills – ability to review complex, ambiguous/incomplete data, pulling out key insights
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to search out facts without prior process/guidance
- Ability to build platforms / tools / analyses from scratch initiating new analytics and insights supporting key stakeholders and MT
- High level of cross functional cooperation: effectively partnering with communication, control, account & brand teams
- Ability to visually present analyses, key insights, facts & figures in a compelling way; tailor content to audience
- Confident with big data; strong with excel and other data software
- Passion for delivering result, take ownership and translating insights into concise practical plans for execution
- Strong interpersonal/communication/influencing skills to win support and drive decision making at MT level
HEINEKEN Leadership Expectations:
- Effectively communicate and build sustainable relationships with the full Commerce team
- Logical, consistent and insight led
- Ability to share and learn from global and peers in other Heineken Operating Companies
- Strong strategic analytical skills
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to ensure independency
- Challenge the current direction of the business with RM analytics and always look for ways to improve
- Communicate effectively, influential to win support, ability to train and educate key stakeholders
- Ability to transfer RM insights to shop floor
- Ability to collaborate with any function in order to drive results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.