Research / Grant Assistant at The Straight Child Foundation
The Straight Child Foundation is a non-profit organization with the focus of advocacy and improved care for childhood deformities and disabilities. Due to the high incidence in the society, we focus on Cerebral Palsy and Clubfoot. We also hold holistic outreaches bearing in mind that good health is totalistic.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research / Grant Assistant
- A Research / Grant Assistant is needed for employment in a Non-Governmental Organisation in Umuahia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research information and data necessary for grants and grant reporting.
- Disseminates information on funding opportunities and compliance requirements to TSCF staff, and Board
- Collect, analyse data and report secondary data for the approved data points
- Prepare materials for submission and prepare interview questions
- Recruit and/or interview subjects and Summarize interviews
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Reads and interprets requests for proposals and funding guidelines from government agencies, International Donors, and foundations to determine if appropriate for the foundation and how best to respond and comply.
- Conduct and record face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures and documentation standards
- Manage and respond to project-related email
- Monitors outstanding grant proposals. Follows up with funding agency as necessary.
- Develops outlines, timelines, staffing, budgets, and foundation’s templates for grants according to funding guidelines.
- Develop or assist in the development of interview schedules; contact potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or Public health, Statistics.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience, with some knowledge or background in non-profits or grant-making
- Ability to multitask and work independently and collaboratively to meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly deadlines
- Good communication skills and ability to present documents and activity reports clearly
- Experience in team management, coordination, problem-solving and working under pressures to deliver a quality product is required.
- Experience in statistical analysis software is an added advantage
- Familiarity with private foundation approaches, requirements, and processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of effective grant research and grant writing.
- Knowledge of grant and other external funding sources.
- Knowledge of post-award compliance best practices.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Research / Grant Assistant at The Straight Child Foundation
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria